carby hoses to nowhere

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
jameslikesstuff

carby hoses to nowhere

Post by jameslikesstuff »

Hi there!!! finally got my little lancer somewhere i can work on it does anyone have a workshop manual or access to scan some pages for me?
even if someone has a link to a pdf version i could download? there are quite a few hoses on my carby that have been blocked off for no apparent reason, and i want to replace them and get them to where they should be going.
thanks guys
geezer101

Re: carby hoses to nowhere

Post by geezer101 »

Which hoses are you referring to - vacuum or fuel hoses?
jameslikesstuff

there are three off to the side two small ones and one larger one all going to nothing. the are just blocked of with bolts stuffed in the hoses. does not seem to affect how the engine is running, as it runs fine, buy obviously they are meant to serve some purpose. im guessing the two smaller ones may be vaccuum for something, but i have no idea what. all three come out of the right hand side of the carby.
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

First up - what model Lancer? And second - how'd you go using the search function? Sometimes you get a hit from it...
jameslikesstuff

lc hatch. so i think its got the 1600 engine.
jameslikesstuff

oh and with the search i didnt get any hits directly related to what im looking for. i searched the web for 45 mins ng those lines, to see if i could find a pdf version of workshop manual/ or something along those lines but no luck
jameslikesstuff

have only just started to learn more about the car, so im not familiar with the engine model or specs yet.
jameslikesstuff

heres a couple of photos to show what i mean ImageImage
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Ohhhh-kay, that's different. This carby doesn't belong in the LB Lancer (to be honest I can't identify what type it is other than it 'looks' like a Mikuni Solex). That grubby bit of clear braided hose with the bolt in it it supposed to be either the fuel return or a fuel primer/accelerator inlet. The vacuum hoses I'm not 100% sure - one normally goes to a thermal vacuum switch under the thermostat housing on the inlet manifold and to the vacuum servo on the charcoal cannister.
jameslikesstuff

so i have a random carby?
jameslikesstuff

that may be why i cant see where they should go. everything seems to fit fine, and car runs fine though.