4G63 N/A 2G block

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
kidde16

4G63 N/A 2G block

Post by kidde16 »

good day mates.... i would like to ask those who have opened an engine same as mine
its a 2G 4g63 N/A it came from a spacewagon automatic from japan
some boffins here in the Philippines who do track racing said that 2G blocks has the 2G oil jet squirters same as its turbo counter parts... im interested in this fact cause later in the future im planning to turbocharge my 2g im already gathering parts for a turbo conversion., im not aiming for a high horse power set up, maybe a power output same as a factory 4g63T 250 to 300HP would be enough to irritate those honda boys here in my country 8o|
i believe oil squirters are essential in turbocharge an N/A thats why i post this question.... cheersss
heres a photo of my engine..

geezer101

Re: 4G63 N/A 2G block

Post by geezer101 »

Hi kidde16, this is your new ride? If you're after practical tips on 1G and 2G engines check out this guy on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/Jafromobile He really knows his stuff and his vids are easy enough to follow. Not only does he go through the process of engine tear down and rebuild but also covers what to look for and what parts to use during the build.
kidde16

Post by kidde16 »

god i totally forgot about that guy....ive watch a lot of his videos.... maybe its because in youtube you cant send a private message to a person anymore.... its a lot slower to post a comment to his videos than waiting for a reply to a private message... but hey... thanks for reminding me about him hehehehe ill try to get in touch with him.... hehehe its not a new ride sir... its my one and only favorite ride.. i have a honda... but its just a honda... very boring thing.... hehhe
simon

Post by simon »

Hi,have a look at this too, it has some good info
http://www.projectzerog.com/
simon
kidde16

Post by kidde16 »

Mr simon its very difficult to register in that forum.. i cant answer their question about dodge to conquest as mitsubishi is to ________ im not that knowledgeable about that hehehehe
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

The answer is starion. Dodge Conquest = Mitsubishi Starion.
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

So you have the 7 bolt fly wheel with the small port head and square (4 bolt) thermostat housing?

I've not seen an NA one with oil squirters in them.

However! You don't need them. Im not running them in my car and never have!

Please note. The NA pistons are 9:1 comp and have the top ring closer to the top of the piston. This in turn reduces the boost and timing you can run before the knock threshold is reached and increases the chances of cracking a ring land. I would suggest going forged pistons or changing to e85 or both. The NA cams seem to love going turbo so that's not a stress.

Sing out if you need more help. :)
Cars: 95 Wrx, 77 Galant, 73 Galant.
kidde16

Post by kidde16 »

thanks for the answer mr C-fernance...
mr jimmy G im planning to use a 2g turbo piston,,,,, forge internals here in our country is very pricy it cost almost same as a turbo 4g63... if my engine will be turbo charge but without oil squirter. is it ok? what other parts i can use to cool my piston?

im plannin to to a turbo using parts from a turbo 4g63 2g also im not going to use it on a drag strip.. just a daily driven turbocharged honda irritating machine... :) as you see in my 1st post im only aiming for 250 to 300 hp its not a lot i think for you guys but here its enough to put VTEC boys in there places...