4G52 into a GA galant

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
VGJONO

4G52 into a GA galant

Post by VGJONO »

So my sisters car blew its motor, bugger, i have another bottom end there i plan to fix up to use but in the meantime i need to be able to get around (my GD is dead also), only motor i have that will be hassle free is a 4G52 out of a L200.

I have a few questions
Will i have any problems using the 4 speed on this engine?
Anything i should know about fitting this engine to a GA?

I know the basics such as alternator wiring needs to be run to the other side of the engine bay and that the fan needs to be removed and a thermo put in its place. but am i overlooking anything

all help is greatly appreciated with my stupid questions :P

Cheers
VGJONO :thumpsup:
geezer101

Re: 4G52 into a GA galant

Post by geezer101 »

The GA has stuff all space in it. You'll be forced to remove the pump driven fan and set up a thermo fan on the front of the radiator. The GC/GD's had a longer engine bay in them and used a radiator spacer to bring the radiator close enough for the pump driven fan to pull air through it. I think the 4G52 is a narrow block (I should really know this stuff by now - been here long enough :lol: ) so there shouldn't be a drama with the gear box. You'll also need to mod the exhaust system too if I recall correctly (if you've got the exhaust system that was on the 2 litre you'll be able to get it cut and shut). Sounds like a PITA but this will get the little GA going like a rocket :thumpsup:
Merv

Post by Merv »

Lol wouldn't it be better to put the 1600 from the gd in the ga then the 4g52 in the gd? :p
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

No, i dont want to give my sister the fast engine ;-)
Merv

Post by Merv »

Hasn't she already got the fast engine? :lol:
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

very funny :hit:

Nah the GD is nice and quick for what it is, the 4G52 into the GA may see the GA going a tad faster, but its nothing a turbo cant fix, one day i will fit that turbo...... One day
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Need a bit of help yet again, while comparing the clutches i noticed there was a huge difference in size between the splines on the clutch that came with the 4G52 and the clutch from a 4G32, being a 4G52 it shouldnt be wideblock correct? it is from a 2x4 L200. i also found the 4G32 inspection cover was too narrow aswell when i tried to see if that would fit. seeing as ive done 5 speed conversions before, using a KM119 in my galant i didnt need to modify the clutch at all, the splines were the same and what not. Is there a difference in size between a KM132 and a KM119 box when it comes to the splines??

any help would be appreciated :thumpsup: