Shaving the head for more compression on a 4g32b

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
city hunter

Shaving the head for more compression on a 4g32b

Post by city hunter »

So how much can I take off without running into some timing issues? i'm trying tog et as much compression as I can out of the stock pistons. I plan on getting a cam reground, but it depends on ho much compression i can get out of the engine with just shaving the head down. Right now I am just running a new weber dfev 32 36. I'm trying to get some more rpms and a bit more power out of it because this thing is dog slow stock. It is a 78 non silent shaft belt driven engine

Also, will astron valve springs work on a saturn head? I have a set of schneider hd valve springs I bought for the starion, but if they fit on a saturn engine, i'd use em..
73 galant coupe, 78 Lancer coupe, 84,85, and 86 ex1800 turbos, 87 minicab van supercharged, gto vr4, 4 starions. swb montero, mighty max, 88 cordia turbo. 65 debonair
80's Hero
city hunter

Re: Shaving the head for more compression on a 4g32b

Post by city hunter »

no one has anythign to say? Talking with charlie the workshop manual on a chain driven engine calls for 1mm off the head and 1mm off the block. I did some measuring and I thikn I will try .040" 1mm off the head and 30 off the block to avoid having to machine the pistonss.
73 galant coupe, 78 Lancer coupe, 84,85, and 86 ex1800 turbos, 87 minicab van supercharged, gto vr4, 4 starions. swb montero, mighty max, 88 cordia turbo. 65 debonair
80's Hero