eci 4g32

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
shuggy

eci 4g32

Post by shuggy »

Ok so after a lot of research including buying a 4g37 intake gasket to see if a manifold will work, it wont.

I'm thinking about if an old style 4g63 eci unit would fit onto the existing manifold? I'm aware that I will have to install a CAS and ask the other things to run a computer but Yeh

Anyone tried?
krohny

Re: eci 4g32

Post by krohny »

See if you can find a 32 efi set up off an ex lancer, they ran a 32 turbo with Centre point injection..
Try trademe
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Why not a custom manifold with multi point efi from a gsr galant? If people can make quad carb manifolds and such, I'm sure one of us can figure out how to put the g32 flange and a g63 plenum together? :)

I was going to try the efi setup on mine, but found these twin carbs cheap, and it was a tie between the efi an carbs.. So carbs it is :P
N/A ALL THE WAY
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

When you're talking about a 4G32, you mean which engine? The Saturn 1.6 chain drive, the cross over belt drive made after the Saturn 1.6 (4G32B) or the G32B belt drive found typically in early FWD Colts? If its the Colt engine, it might be possible to use a different head that has EFI factory fitted (don't quote me on it, I'm only guessing).
75glnt wrote:Why not a custom manifold with multi point efi from a gsr galant? If people can make quad carb manifolds and such, I'm sure one of us can figure out how to put the g32 flange and a g63 plenum together?
Either way the inlet ports are configured differently - the 4G63 have paired ports as opposed to the single port inlet runners on the G32 engine. Welding on a plenum is one thing, but you'll still need injector ports. Without going for a mega buck custom injection set up, I think you won't be having EFI.