Tippy tappy Asstron

This section is for talk about anything to do with everything in the engine bay.
A112H

Tippy tappy Asstron

Post by A112H »

So I have done a few kays now with the Astron II with hydraulic lifters and they are crazy loud. I even had a diesel 4x4 owner look, nah, not quite but man they are loud.
Should they prime themselves or should I have done that?
Are they noisy because they are stuffed?
Are there any recommended brand of lifters or are OEM as good as any and still available??

Cheers :thumpsup:
tubby

Re: Tippy tappy Asstron

Post by tubby »

you need to prime them if you install new ones. they are pretty easy to check if the bottoms feel wobbly or there is a uneven wear mark on the tops of your valves they could be buggered I recon the set I bought was 40 bucks from memory. sprint auto job, next day delivery. half hour install :thumpsup:
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

i usually chuck em in a old butter container filled with oil, let em sit for a while then work each one individualy in the oil to get it inside. They will be noisy on start up for say ten mins then should go quiet. sounds like yours are stuffed!
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Cheers guys, I will order some now :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

How did you go Jason? I just fitted roller rockers to my Astron II and the tappets are really noisy, even after running it for a good 20 minutes and fully priming all components during assembly. I'll remove the cam and valvetrain tomorrow and check it all again... so annoying!
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989

A112H

Post by A112H »

Been pretty slack with them honestly Fabio, lol
I bought the new lifters and they have been soaking in oil for like 4 days, lol. I am not working tomorrow so might fit them then :D