Sigma panels on LB/ LC coupe

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
digihed

Sigma panels on LB/ LC coupe

Post by digihed »

Hey all,
here's an interesting one for you... Some of you might have seen the L200 with the sigma front fitted. Given the similarity between L200 guards and lancer ones, what are the chances of fitting a sigma/ scorpion front to a Lancer? Anyone tried it?
Cottees
Admin

Re: Sigma panels on LB/ LC coupe

Post by Cottees »

The LB and LC I think are closer to the size of the later Galants, where as the Sigmas are wider. It could be possible to put Sigma panels on a Lancer, but would need a lot of work to make them fit properly.

Here is the measurements for the LC and GE. The GH is similar in size to the GE, but the GJ-GN (where the panels used on the L200 mods are from) are larger still. If you also look at the pictures in my signature below, both the GN and LC are pretty much to scale.

Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Hey digihed........I've been down this path before....although somewhat easier (i used a scorpion front end on a sigma wagon).....theres still heaps of little things you have to consider before going down this path.

1st of all, you have to consider EXACTLY what models you want to do use (car and panels)
2nd, you have to study EVERY difference between the two models....things like:

Mounting holes
panel height
panel dimensions between the wheel arch and doors, the wheelarch itself, the over hang at the very front
panel width the the top...are both models the same?, will they hit the bonnet?
panel length, will you need a different bonnet?, will you need to move the headlights?,
Will all the lines on the panels match up?, If not, what will you do to match them up?
What modifications (if any) will you need to make to make the panels fill properly?

I applaud you for going down this path...it is tricky....but done right...it's very rewarding

Good luck with it all.......look forward to seeing the progress on it :thumpsup:
Built with pride, Driven in anger
digihed

Post by digihed »

Thanks for the info guys! Not going down this path with my current baby- it's an idea for the nearish future and another Lancer! The paint is too new on the LC to mess with it now ; )
I saw a Celeste overseas with the twin light setup as per the Sigma, and then when I saw the pics of the L200 with the Sigma front I thought hmmmmm.....
cheers!
ozdusterdave

Post by ozdusterdave »

I met a guy who said he and his brother put a first model magna front onto a LC hatch years ago when the magna was new....??! :facepalm:
digihed

Post by digihed »

There used to be a white LC living next door to my yellow one in Canberra back in the early '90's. It had early magna bumpers front and rear, shortened to fit, and a black XY falcon wing. Also a 1.8 turbo, from a Cordia I think. Might be the same car, but this was just the bumpers, not lights and grille etc.