LC rear bumper end cap

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
Leeroy

LC rear bumper end cap

Post by Leeroy »

So in order to get a road worthy I need both end caps for my rear bumper because of "sharp edges"
What is the best way to fix this situation?
Obviously an original end cap will be hard to find, could I use one from a sigma or something to get it past roadworthy then take it off later?
aussiblue

Re: LC rear bumper end cap

Post by aussiblue »

http://www.autopartsreplacement.com/Ply ... _Ends.html only source I knew. But they no longer have them so the whole fibreglass bumper like this may be the way to go: http://www.nolimitracingproducts.com/product_p/229.htm
Regards Blue
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Unfortunately, the American version has different bumpers, so I don't think they will match up?

I did have a look at fitting Mitsubishi Colt Bumpers (RB to RC models), the width is correct, and wouldn't take all that much to modify them to install, then you'd have a complete plastic bumpers. Just a thought :think:
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Leeroy

Post by Leeroy »

yer I noticed that about the arrow bumpers :/
Fortunately Cottees has offered to send me a RH end cap so hopefully i can just turn that upside down to get it past rwc.. which apparently will be fine (mechanic's words)
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

i have a few stuffed ones if you get really stuck...they werent meant to last!
lancersr20

Post by lancersr20 »

I'll have complete LC frt and rear bars available some time in the future if anyone wants them.

I'm changing over to LB bars - but need to make sure that it all works first before saying goodbye to the old ones !
digihed

Post by digihed »

Here's a thought: maybe GE Sigma ends would fit, or even the entire bumper assembly. I'm looking around the wreckers over the next few days to see if I can find some and test the theory.
aussiblue

Post by aussiblue »

I have seen a Sigma front rear bar on a Lancer here it WA. A close look showed it had been sectioned (a bit cut out of the middle and the two ends then welded together) and the look didn't grab me as the Sigma bumper is more angular (especially the front) than the Lancer but it was better than no bumper. I think the whole US fibreglass bar will bolt on and look better albeit it will be less crash resistant.
Regards Blue
aussiblue

Post by aussiblue »

Scorpion bumpers would I think look better but are probably as hard to find as Lancer bumpers. On reflection rather than being sectioned perhaps the cut and weld was to get the Sigma bumper to line up parallel to the Lancer rear end.
Regards Blue
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Stick bumper on, enter can of expanding foam, fill ends, use knife to shape, cover in bog or fiberglass and paint
Just food for thought.....

Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
ozdusterdave

Post by ozdusterdave »

someone on here was posting pics of brand new ones...lc bar ends.
Leeroy

Post by Leeroy »

They had the front ones which were a good buy, however my front bar has a dent in it and it was priced $190 to get fixed :|
Unfortunately thats gold coast prices
davenq

Post by davenq »

Maybe L200 ones fit???? :D
Growing old is inevitable
Growing up is optional