4G32 Timing Belt availability.

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
leoca64

4G32 Timing Belt availability.

Post by leoca64 »

My Dads' LC Lancer was just in getting the water pump replaced and was going to get the timing belt done at the same time but the mechanic couldn't get the right belt for it?.(It still has the original 4G32 in it.
He said the ones they sent him had the wrong number of teeth .???

whats the go .are they still available in Aus.

Cheers.
krohny

Re: 4G32 Timing Belt availability.

Post by krohny »

There are about 80 on eBay..
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

...thanks found it .Not under Chrysler Lancer though.
krohny

Post by krohny »

I think they were listed under 4g32..?
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

searched under "timing belt 1.6Lt "i think...anyway the water pumps done now ...get one for the next thing!cheers
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

hey leoca. i just ordered a few parts like a timing belt kit, fan belt, thermostat and gasket kit from a place in melbourne called auto surplus. try calling them. the staff are very helpfull
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

I would of thought getting belts and gaskets for these would be a cinch - aren't they the same as the fwd colt G32B engines? The only physical difference is the thermostat housing is designed with an 'o' ring in the outlet so it can mate up with a coolant transfer pipe to redirect the coolant to the rear of the head. There may be 2 types of tooth profile on the belts but that would be the only difference... Always pays to take the old one in and show the monkeys what you want. 8-)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I found when buying the timing belt for the LC Lancer 4G32B that I had, that there are different belts for this engine.
The belts have different numbers of teeth between models, and the teeth come in different sizes also.
The reason for this, some 4G32B's have balance shafts and some don't.

Best way to confirm what you need- Count the teeth, and measure the width of the teeth. Then talk to the seller and confirm what they are selling you.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Matt77

Post by Matt77 »

After trying to source a new fuel pump for my belt drive 4g32 I found there were some differences in the belt drive series..... due to my fuel pump being different to the earlier models I have found that it seems to be off at '81 - 85 L300 1.6L. I spose the differences might be due to having a balance shaft in the later models.
I still don't get why my pump has three fittings (not just a feed & return line) but it seems to work fine with one blocked off.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Matt77 wrote:I still don't get why my pump has three fittings (not just a feed & return line) but it seems to work fine with one blocked off.
The 3rd fitting is a fuel tank return line.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
DarkDiamond

Post by DarkDiamond »

Hello! My car Lancer A73 body, 4g32 engine. But even here in Russia and straps are easy to find and repair kits for this engine. But here's the problem with body parts. Especially after a small accident ...
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

75wagon wrote:
Matt77 wrote:I still don't get why my pump has three fittings (not just a feed & return line) but it seems to work fine with one blocked off.
The 3rd fitting is a fuel tank return line.
yeah some LC 's had a return , others didn't .
Don't know why.
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

The fuel pump has got 3 hoses on it for the fuel feed from the tank, the main fuel line into the carby bowl and the third outlet goes to the accelerator enrichment pump on the side of the carby. Some carbies have a single line on the enrichment pump or 2 lines in and out - the fuel out line on the enrichment pump is the return line to the tank. And this still has stuff all to do with timing belts... :blah: