Re fitting back window

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
lance

Re fitting back window

Post by lance »

Hi all just worked out how to upload pics.

Just a question on the back window . With the urathane sealent, will it stick to the aquilic paint ?
With the front brakes still havent found a caliper that will fit my green strut all the ones att the wreckers have had black struts . Thay are different or an l missing some thing?

Mark
geezer101

Re: Re fitting back window

Post by geezer101 »

With the brake caliper set up they are different. The black struts have 2 staggered mounting holes to fit the calipers while the green struts have 4 mounting holes in a square pattern. If theres any Scorpions at your wrecker take a look at the struts on it, you may have better luck there. I recently got educated about 'green' struts not necessarily being painted green as the pair of Scorpion struts I've had hiding in my shed are black but are the type everybody look for -
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Looking good Mark :thumpsup:

What colour are you going to spray it?
That Silver is the same colour as my olb LB hatch started out

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
lance

Post by lance »

[quote="geezer101"]With the brake caliper set up they are different. The black struts have 2 staggered mounting holes to fit the calipers while the green struts have 4 mounting holes in a square pattern. If theres any Scorpions at your wrecker take a look at the struts on it, you may have better luck there. I recently got educated about 'green' struts not necessarily being painted green as the pair of Scorpion struts I've had hiding in my shed are black but are the type everybody look for -

Your right will have to go down to the local pick a part and sort it all out
lance

Post by lance »

Dave as far as looking good, it will never, never look as good as your 2 beasts. Work well done .
As far as the color goes the car had alot of hail damage which ive been trying very hard to fix.
I would have liked to repaint it silver but l havent got the room or the skill for metalic paint.
Second choice was that light green solid color that use on the latest falcons.
I will see how strait it looks rubbed back in under coat. It just may end up white.