stock seats are not good (crep)

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
greenlancer

stock seats are not good (crep)

Post by greenlancer »

Hi

Merry Christmas!

Maybe the only reason to keep the original seats in my LA Lancer 2-door is that's what it came with. But they're not real flash. And mine are disintegrating into little strips of vinyl....

Does anyone know what would be good seats to put in, with no or little modification required? They need to be reclining. Would Sigma seats fit?

Cheers
Mick
75 LA Lancer 2-door 4G32
Cottees
Admin

Re: stock seats are not good (crep)

Post by Cottees »

Sigma seats wont bolt in, but I think Cordia seats could be modded to fit the Lancer rails.
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

If you want to have a lower seating position, Cordia seats are a good seat option -

These Cordia seats are in my old Colt. They're firm but comfortable and were easy enough to fit. If you can use a tape measure and a power drill you can drill out new rail mounting holes to match your Lancer rails and mechanisms in the seat base (and you can relocate the rails to better suit you - further forward mounting the rails on the base for tall, futher back for shorter)
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

I had Cordia Turbo seats in my Galant, Was a bit of work but alot better than the stock seat's.
The only problem i had was the bolts busted out the base plate (common problem on Cordia's). I got another set of base plate's and re-inforced them.

I've also had a set of Holden Barina Sports 2000ish-model seat's which were pretty easy to fit. Just had to weld a couple of tabs onto the seat runners. (sorry, can't find pix)

2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

greenlancer

Post by greenlancer »

thanks everyone! I'll have a look through the ads and see what's available. The Cordia seats look really good!
75 LA Lancer 2-door 4G32
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

The Sigma seats will bolt onto your Lancer seat rails.
But they sit abit too high, And I think I remember the shoulder was very close, if not touching the B pillar.
But atleast they will be legal as they are a direct bolt in swap.
Never looked at a set of Cordia seats, they would look pretty good, better recovered. And maybe even Starion?
I always see Cordias wrecking, see if you can look at some and measure the bolt holes to see if the base rails might match.
Matt77

Post by Matt77 »

I had a guy come over to get some bits of the Lancer hatch & he said the backrests were starion..... they must be pretty similar if the backrests bolt up to the base.

My LB sedan came with MX-5 seats, they work great & similar size but 'might end up with dramas with the fuzz one day.