Lancer Paint Color? original.

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
mstrrab1992

Lancer Paint Color? original.

Post by mstrrab1992 »

I have a 1974 LA Lancer, And its silver, Anyone know the paint code for the silver LA lancer???cause i wanna respray it the origi color and it dont have a paint code on it anywhere :(!
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
Torana68

Re: Lancer Paint Color? original.

Post by Torana68 »

dont spose you did a search with "paint codes" ??
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

Its printed on the option plate, will say BERG*****
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

ive done a search but theres about 12 silvers that came up :s! and astron, im not sure if it has an option plate :S if it does i certainly dunno where to find it :S its got one plate on it but it doesnt have BERG on it.
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Take a photo of your compliance plate.
Just cover up your car's body number.
We'll tell you which one

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

this is actually the only plate on the car =\ that i can find. i think the previous owner must of lost the other one when he did a respray =[

mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

if anyone knows where the other compliance plate could be, please let me know =\ or if anyone knows where i can get one would be good :) ive looking thoroughly the engine bay and cant find any other plates and theres not one in the boot.. HMMM :banh:
A112H

Post by A112H »

That IS your compliance plate, it is the option plate you need. I am sure someone here with a early Lancer can take some pics for you.
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

oh good.. i was scared it didt have a compliance plate!! thats a releif, well i need an opotion plate, can i get one anywhere!?
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

LA's dont have an options plate just a small rectangular plate with the paint code on the LHS attached to a screw on the pleneum cover, find the code for Lancer in '74 there will only be one colour (and its a pretty crappy silver anyway)
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

Torana68 wrote:LA's dont have an options plate just a small rectangular plate with the paint code on the LHS attached to a screw on the pleneum cover, find the code for Lancer in '74 there will only be one colour (and its a pretty crappy silver anyway)

I had a look for a 74 lancer and it came up with 4 silvers? Well they had different codes
krohny

Post by krohny »

just find a nice new silver and paint it that one, as he said, it was a crappy silver anyways
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

yeh a nice new silver like the one on the vys and vz commodores. just be sure to make sure all the dents in the body are gone because they will show plus itl make the car look soooo much better
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

i like the origi color :D
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Maybe you can find the colour code here: http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/co ... hi_M-Z.htm ?

If not, there are also other sites on the web, just google for "paint codes" and brand...