Front guards / panels in general

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
karmagedon

Front guards / panels in general

Post by karmagedon »

Hey there guys, I realise this is a first post, however I've been a lurker on the website for a few months now. I have a parts car with straight panels, do you think it would be worth getting molds made up for some of the panels? ie bonnet and front fenders?

Regards
Dave
Torana68

Re: Front guards / panels in general

Post by Torana68 »

...pretty sure there are people out there with moulds, also fairly sure glass isnt legal for any street based competition (rally, hillclimb etc), not sure what the rego geeks think of glass panels these days.
Roger
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

he's from NZ though so they may have different laws regarding 'glass. That said I don't see why it wouldn't be legal even here, as long as it was high quality, I mean there are plenty of sports cars that made from fibreglass, corvettes, most kit cars, etc.
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
karmagedon

Post by karmagedon »

Glass is allowed in most of our racing classes, and on the street.
However if there are already people with moulds then there would be no real demand for yet more moulds.
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

probably depends on the number of people who want them in NZ..... is there a market?
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
karmagedon

Post by karmagedon »

From what I read, there might be. I had my cars on tradme not too long ago and ALOT of people were interested in the parts car, and on other auctions people asking for the bonnet, or fenders etc.
aussiblue

Post by aussiblue »

What model? The bopnnet and guards for the LC are still available new from the US.
Regards Blue
karmagedon

Post by karmagedon »

aussiblue wrote:What model? The bopnnet and guards for the LC are still available new from the US.
oh wow didn't know you could still get them. I've got an LB however.
aussiblue

Post by aussiblue »

Regards Blue