New LC head lights

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

New LC head lights

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Hey guys, I know there was a post about a Hella light that is the same as the LC headlights but I cant seem to find it. I think it was some Mitsubishi truck. (also tried looking up the site but it seems I am incapable of finding things)

I need new headlights for my LC because all the chrome is pealing off the inside. Any help with a part number or website would be absolutely awesome.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
75wagon
Admin

Re: New LC head lights

Post by 75wagon »

Topic found. FYI, I searched 'Lancer LC headlight'
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 96&p=12566
FYI, I searched 'Lancer LC headlight'

I can't help you too much with this other then Lccoop has converted my LC to H4 ute headlights. He used to work at a wreckers so anything and everything that came in was fair game for parts for the hatch.

If you need to see it I can take some pics, but other then that you can come for a visit, or I you can catch up with me the next time I have the Hatch in Sydney (but I don't know when that will be, it's only been there once the whole time I've owned it).

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

i think those off a L200 is the same?.
aussiblue

Post by aussiblue »

Yes further to mt post referenced these Hella fittings and/or their matching halogen headlights bolt straight in:
"1024 Headlamp Housing
Description Headlamp housing to suit all 200 x 142mm rectangular headlamp units and matching halogen headlights Ideal for truck, bus and body builders."

[url]htp://db.hella.com.au/cgi-bin/catalogue.pl?flcmd=preview&flmaint=808[/url]I got mine at Blackwoods Canningvale but you'll find a local supplier here: http://db.hella.com.au/store_locator/post_frset.html

Regards Blue
digihed

Post by digihed »

I've had the Hella lights in my LC for about 12 years with 100w globes and they're great. The one difficulty I had was that being a '79 mine didn't have frames that held the sealed beam units, they bolted directly to the spring mounts. The Hella units needed to mount in a frame that then attached to the spring mount because the lugs on the light housing didn't match the mount points in the LC. I ended up getting a pair of frames from a wrecked '81 LC. Apparently somewhere in there Mitsubishi changed the lighting mount arrangement.

Another option is Ebay USA. There are currently 'European Projector' lights on there to fit LB & LC. Just search under Plymouth Arrow and you should find them. No idea if they're any good, but they are non sealed beam halogen units!

cheers,

Scot
aussiblue

Post by aussiblue »

Another option is Ebay USA. There are currently 'European Projector' lights on there to fit LB & LC. Just search under Plymouth Arrow and you should find them. No idea if they're any good, but they are non sealed beam halogen units!
No good; they focus the light on the wrong (right) side of the road .
Regards Blue
digihed

Post by digihed »

Put 'em on the opposite side of the car then! :thumpsup:
aussiblue

Post by aussiblue »

Think about it; that won't work either. You'll still be blinding oncoming traffic. They both be focusssing to the right instead of the left. In any event both lights in a pair are identical not left and right handed.

And before you ask upside down won't work either they'll be pointing in the air.
Regards Blue
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I just this weekend went and bought new headlights for my hatch. I had to as I got a stone through one, so I thought I'd buy a pair so they matched.
I bought a pair of generic 7 inch H4 semi sealed. They bolted straight in, but my hatch was already running a set.
The new lights cost me $44 for the pair (not including globes) from Autopro.
When I asked it they fit the guy in Autopro said there is only one shape/size light made in 7 inch rectangle?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Thanks for that Dave, will have to hit up my guy for a set.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Here's an idea.
Take your headlight out, take it to a parts place, and compare it while you're there.
Saves on guess work.

Dave...