Seat choice

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
leoca

Seat choice

Post by leoca »

What is a good choice of comfy supportive aftermarket bucket seats for a LC lancer ?. I have tried the cordia ones ,they fit, with new mounts ...but the headrests were way tall.

Oh-Must be road legal
Cheers
Sideshow

Re: Seat choice

Post by Sideshow »

s14's pretty comfortable, mates got a set in his 323.
Insert Philosophical Self Awareness Statement Here

'74 LA 2Dr Lancer (The Racer)
'05 SSZ Ute (The Street/Tow Car)

Its hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys.
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

My LA 4 door, i found the seats were interchangable with Sigma seats.
I took em out, swapped the mounting brackets, the Sigma seat bolted straight onto the Lancer Bracket, so you arent changing the Engineering integrity.
might be a cheap option.
And I had some Later model Velour seats so they looked alright too.
But if you are Tall, you may still have height probs.
Im 6ft and wasnt a prob until I put a helmet on and then had my neck slighty kicked just to fit in. But they are a small car anyway... Put in a sun roof lol
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

I got some aftermarket fixed bucket seats but my LC isnt registered (yet) and they are ok.

Just watch out with the mounting brackets as i found out. My fixed seats bolted to a bracket and then that bracket to the original lancer runners (but had to weld 2 cross pieces onto runners to bolt bracket to).....but the seat ended up almost touching the roof and my head (with a helmet) was about 2cm from roof (and im only 5'7").

Personally I dont mind the original seats....nice low ride and not too unfomfortable.
But if you want after market get them from another mitsubishi or something that doesnt need a bracket between the seat and runners because if it does this makes your head a lot closer to the roof.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
leoca

Post by leoca »

Thanks ...i like the sigma option most.
Next problem is finding one. :)
stealth

Post by stealth »

mate miss chrysler was selling a mint set of sigma seats about 6 months ago
i think see gave up as no one wanted them try her,and she is local
cheers stealth 8-)
Engineering the unfair advantage !
Red bull , fuelling the fastest race cars on earth !
GB_BB4C

Post by GB_BB4C »

If ya can find a set and have the money.....
(ps: dont bother asking as i aint selling them)
2* 73 A53 16L Dodge Colt (Plymouth Cricket), 2* 73 GB Galant Sedan's, 1* 74 GB Galant Sedan, 1* 76 VK Valiant Regal,
1* 79 GE SE Sigma Sedan, 1* 81 GH Sigma PWS, 1* 84 GK Sigma SE, 1* 85 GK Sigma GL - Replacing the 84 GK SE, 1* 91 GTO - FOR SALE

lancersr20

Post by lancersr20 »

I can tell you what seats NOT to get :(

I have some Honda Integra 1992 seats that I'm fitting to my LC.
Unfortunately, (like everything else with my car) I'm having to do major fabrication work to fit them.
They will be great seats when they are finally in.
I have had to cut the floor to get them down low enough :oops:
Feal like I'm fabricating a V8 supercar the way things are going !!!
I'm around 6" tall and was doubled over with my head sandwiched against the roof when I first trial fitted them - until the floor was cut to lower them around 2" :roll:

Lindsay
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

But now to register it, you will have to pay about $400 or something for an Engineers report!
Dont get me Wrong, the Honda seats are great!
I have them in the 2 door.

But you could have picked up a cheap resonable set of Sigma seats, making sure they did just bolt on, and then they would have been legal.
And then just had them professionally recovered to what ever you wanted, and you still would have been infront $$$.

And while being recovered perhaps they could have reset the padding height?
Bu im not an upolsterer so wouldnt really know!

You will be happy with the Honda seats in the long run though!
Last edited by DanTurboLancer on Sat May 30, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Aerospace

Post by Mr Aerospace »

My opinion, Find a set of Good LA/LB Lancer sedan bucket seats, I've got em in mine, and they were bolt in bolt out...rather snug for a medium sized guy, but its gonna be like that in any set of seats.

(Now to get the back seats reupholstered in the same black vinyl...)
lancersr20

Post by lancersr20 »

Thanks Dan :roll:

The Engineers thing is not a problem ...... it needs to be Engineered for all the other mods anyway !

As for Sigma seat etc...... not really in the same "ball park" as later model seats (Honda or any others)

Yes, they'll be sensational when finally IN :)
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

leoca wrote:What is a good choice of comfy supportive aftermarket bucket seats for a LC lancer ?. I have tried the cordia ones ,they fit, with new mounts ...but the headrests were way tall.

Oh-Must be road legal
Cheers

Sorry man, when you said must be road legal i thought you meant Legal swap without having to go through Engineers.

How did you go anyway?
lancersr20

Post by lancersr20 »

Hi Dan,

Finished the floor mods for the drivers side and it will be very sweet !
Still have to figure out various bits and pieces in regards to seat adjustments (forward and back) ..... but that's another story all together !

Will be some time before the car hits the road (just havn't got enough time atm - or winter motivation)
Will try to take some pics sooner or later and put the link up to my photobucket site

LancerSR20
leoca

Post by leoca »

DanTurboLancer wrote:
leoca wrote:What is a good choice of comfy supportive aftermarket bucket seats for a LC lancer ?. I have tried the cordia ones ,they fit, with new mounts ...but the headrests were way tall.

Oh-Must be road legal
Cheers

Sorry man, when you said must be road legal i thought you meant Legal swap without having to go through Engineers.

How did you go anyway?
thanks all, but the original LC ones are still in the stock one we have at the at the moment..theres been too much to do :!: .I'll be joining the local Chrysler club soon now shes 30 ,going for SIV registration so its probably best to keep them stock for that.J
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

You may be interested in what I've done with my Galant.
Recaro runner tracks are the same distance apart as Galant/ Lancer seats.
All I did was re-drill holes to suit the Recaros. No engineer cert needed no welding. The Recaros I have use 6 bolts to the rails instead of 4. I took some of the nylon spacers out as well. I like to sit with my shoulder at the same height as the bottom of the drivers door window.

I hope to get these retrimmed soon in the same colour as the rest of the trim.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
sigtool

Post by sigtool »

hey mate i have a set of gh turbo seats for sale maybe a bit wide but very comfy real limo seats.
"Boosted is The Only Way To Live"
<Sigma Turbo No.177 >
<96 Astron Powered Triton>
<81 GJ Scorpion>
leoca

Post by leoca »

sigtool wrote:hey mate i have a set of gh turbo seats for sale maybe a bit wide but very comfy real limo seats.
hey I dont suppose they are the brownish colour?...let me know so i can figure out something.J
sigtool

Post by sigtool »

Nah Sorry mate there blue but i ran seat covers.
offers there more than welcome to have a look and give a test fit or what not just let me know.

cheers
"Boosted is The Only Way To Live"
<Sigma Turbo No.177 >
<96 Astron Powered Triton>
<81 GJ Scorpion>
city hunter

Post by city hunter »

I took some 88 starion seats and threw them in a while back. They didnt fit too well, Mainly they were quite wide. I will be trying some 88 cordia seats here as soon as I get a gearset in the scorp so I can get it out of the garage.
73 galant coupe, 78 Lancer coupe, 84,85, and 86 ex1800 turbos, 87 minicab van supercharged, gto vr4, 4 starions. swb montero, mighty max, 88 cordia turbo. 65 debonair
80's Hero
A112H

Post by A112H »

Hey 75wagon, do those seats flip forward for a coupe? Do you know what model recaro they are?
I have a set of seats for sale that were fitted to a sigma but aren't sigma seats. They will come with sigma rails, $100 the pair.
PM if your interested and I will get you some pics.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Galant_GT0 wrote:Hey 75wagon, do those seats flip forward for a coupe? Do you know what model recaro they are?
I have a set of seats for sale that were fitted to a sigma but aren't sigma seats. They will come with sigma rails, $100 the pair.
PM if your interested and I will get you some pics.
They do flip forward. The little black lever on the side of the back of the seat. You can see it in the photo. I've been told they are Series 1 Recaro's, but I can't confirm. I know they are an older model.
75wagon wrote:
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers