quick headcount

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
rob020

quick headcount

Post by rob020 »

Hey guys,

the lancer section seems to be one of the smaller groups... threadcount wise,

just wondering if we could do a quick census...
you know, all the active users introduce themselves and their cars?

well, im rob.. im 21, i work at maccas and i drive a yellow 4spd 1.6 LA 4 door,
i also have a red LB hatch 2.6 tp efi, jap 5 speed, and commodore disc brakes all round,
its ready to go, as soon as i put the surge tank in... but its not regoed and i lost my licence...
so i think i might turbo it while i wait :)

ive also owned an 82 and an 85 (gj and gk?) scorpion and a 71 GA galant
ive scrapped alot of sigmas, but they dont really count..

i also like old mazdas... but i wont dribble on too much

soo, whos next?

cheers,
rob
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
rob020

Re: quick headcount

Post by rob020 »

22 views no posts.... either people without lancers are reading this, or there are 22 unsociable lancer owners out there

cheers,
rob
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Hey Rob, yes we are a quiet bunch over here.

Ive been really enjoying reading your, and Leoca's posts, as you seem to be the only active Lancer members.
Astronboy77 is also coming together with is Drifter, but he doesnt post much in here ;-)

Good news is Stealth will hopefully have some new toys to play with and share with us.

Im starting to get on top of this EPA stuff...Slowly

We just need to convince Boyracer to stop waisting time on his Toyota,
and invest some time into his LAs...

And i noticed Cungie has posted some pics recently...
So they are out there, just need to get some activity happening ;)

EDIT - And I totally forgot about CITY HUNTER and his LB with almost every bit of the car rebult by himself!

Oh and if you are familiar with it, Check out next months ZOOM Magazine (I get it early as i subscribe)
One of our members has his Lancer in it, its only a small blurb, but it was a great surprise to see one of our members cars in there!
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Im Daniel, 30, a year to go in adult apprenticeship as a Fitter Machinist.
Mainly only do mine site work, Washery and Underground.
and if you think mine workers get big money,
we contractors dont!
i was on $14 an hour first year! As an Adult apprentice!
But i was keen to get my trade, and the boss was a tight ass.
Just transferred my trade to another company so abit better now...

Also trained as a Condition monitor.
Which involves Oil sample collection and analysis.
And Vibration analysis.
Which is collecting bearing fault frequecies from mining machinery,
and analysing and tracking the condition of the equipment and predicting when a machine may fail,
and doing the predictive maintainance, or replacing the faulty equipment before it fails.
Some mines can loose upto $80,000 an hour if they have a major failure.

I have owned a Siggy, cant even remember the model I think GH...?

A 76 LA Lancer with a Sig 2L Turbo motor.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=143

And my current 74 LA 2 door, found in the build section.

Cheers Dan
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

hahah yes im here, have talked to rob many times but havent really met eachother. i actually looked at his car before he brought it.
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
rob020

Post by rob020 »

lol.. yea the rust bucket... i was always wondering, the guy i bought the red car off said someone was coming to look at it from huonville.. not another sigma-galant member?

we definately should organise a chrysler themed night on the town sometime...

dan, ive been drooling over you lancer on youtube since long before i got either of mine... that is one nice car you got there :thumpsup:

well, ive got tomorrow off, hopefully i can convince my mum to drive me to ENZED to blow all my money on fittings for my new surge tank (anyone wanna buy my old one?) and lift pump.. haha, you guys seen those plastic "ecco" fuel pumps? they blow me out... i got one cheap off ebay brand new, but it didnt come with the barbed fittings :(

cheers,
rob

p.s who else is lurking out there?
rob020

Post by rob020 »

DanTurboLancer wrote: Im starting to get on top of this EPA stuff...Slowly

oh man, that thread is giving me nightmares... hopefully tassie is a bit more leniant, i hope my lancer doesnt draw too much attention... i suppose not many police officers take much notice of how many wheel nuts i got... (get hubcaps?) and mabye i could convince the slower officers it is a stock 77 fuel injected lancer... but i want to turbo it one day... :banh:

on the other hand, ive only ever been asked to pop my bonnet once, and that was in an angry camm'd rwd 626 after i cut sideways off the norfolk bridge and the linkage on my webber jammed open so i had to kill the ignition... and it backfired... shotgun backfired.. if it didnt have a 2 inch stainless straight through 'zorst it would of peeled it like a bannana... copper thought it was "hektik roatary turbo flutter" or something... i lolled.. they also asked me to pop the boot... mabye they thought a gun went off??
regina

Post by regina »

Howdy,

Mick from Saratoga on Central Coast. 75 4 door lancer with 4g63. Unfortunately havent had a garage for a few years now so most things on the car have gone on hold, just trying to keep it registered each year. Have a wakefield 6hr endurance race coming up mid 2010 so going to have to find some cash somewhere to get the old girl in better shape.
Mick Carmody
http://reginala75.wordpress.com/
1975 LA Lancer - 4g63 - 1.13.8 Wakefield Raceway
city hunter

Post by city hunter »

shaun from oregon usa, I have a 78 colt coupe. currently about 97% done on my starion g54bt swap with a 5 speed. Also have a 81 scorpion with a g54b turbo setup currently hard parked. I'm a union millwright apprentice, been laid off for a wihle so the projects are going slow.
73 galant coupe, 78 Lancer coupe, 84,85, and 86 ex1800 turbos, 87 minicab van supercharged, gto vr4, 4 starions. swb montero, mighty max, 88 cordia turbo. 65 debonair
80's Hero
r20bear

Post by r20bear »

Rob from Canberra. White 76 LA 4 door lancer with EFI 4g54(recently broken). Unfortunately the motor I put into the car is not running after a trip to the engine tuner, so I am thinking of converting a TS magna motor I recently inherited to do the job. Sigma brakes (converted LA diff to take Sigma disk brakes), coilovers (made from GH struts), lowered rear end, Watanabe superlite wheels, Jap 5 speed, Microtech ECU.

Should go well once I get the new motor converted and into the car :think:

I will put up pictures and history at some point.

Cheers
4dr LA Lancer
CBR600rr 07
rob020

Post by rob020 »

nice to see some people showing up... ill add abit to my bio then:

i recently found the person that did the brakes/diff on my LB Hatch, ive got a vn commodore diff and hq rotors with volvo 4 spot calipers on front :)
also i just left work (bridgewater mcdonalds). and there was a nice brown LB 4 door in the carpark with a rollcage and special interest rego... and a black vinyl flamejob (i think)... i creamed my daks :)

cheers,
rob
stealth

Post by stealth »

yeah im here ive got 2x la 4dr's and 2 la 2dr's but soon to be
one less after the resto
as most of you know none of my cars are running at the moment but one day i will
get there!
cheers all stealth (H)
Engineering the unfair advantage !
Red bull , fuelling the fastest race cars on earth !
A112H

Post by A112H »

I don't have a Lancer just being nosey, lol
About 10 years ago I stripped my GE Scorpion of its 2.6 and 5 speed and jammed them into a LA 2 door I bought. Made my own tailshaft and gearbox x member, thermo on the front, messed with the alt wiring, modded the exhausts off of both cars the make one, Scorpion wheels and that was about it.
:thumpsup: It would spin the wheels on the brake all the way up to 4th, 5th on bald tyres :lol:
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

lolz yea my coupe is like that...would most prob spin in 4th if the clutch wouldnt let go while spinning in 3rd :P
Pre-Evo

Post by Pre-Evo »

Nathan from Ballarat, i have a brown LC hatch with a 4g54 and b/w box. currently fitting a fuel injection with a 60mm throtel body and mega squirt ecu.

still working through the teething problems with sensors ect.

oh and a set of custom extractors with 2 3/4 streight through exhaust.

other then that its mostly standard.

pix in "rides"
Last edited by Pre-Evo on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'79 LC Lancer injected 2.6 (project)

'00 Subaru Liberty RX2.5 (daily)
krohny

Post by krohny »

nathan from melbourne here.. have 2 lb 4 doors, one is a daily and one is a resto. daily has a g32b engine with twin dellorto carbs and just put a jap 5 speed in yesterday, lowered suspension and a set of 17 inch momo tuners..
rob020

Post by rob020 »

Pre-Evo wrote:Nathan from Ballarat, i have a brown LC hatch with a 4g54 and b/w box. currently fitting a fuel injection with a 60mm throtel body and mega squirt ecu.

howd the b/w fit in the tunnel? was it originally an auto or did you have to bash it out abit?... i ordered a mega-squirt once... but the dodgy kents took my money and it never showed up :(

cheers,
rob
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Pre-Evo wrote:Nathan from Ballarat, i have a brown LC hatch with a 4g54 and b/w box. currently fitting a fuel injection with a 60mm throtel body and mega squirt ecu.

hey Nath, mate show us photos of your beast,
And keep us informed how you go with the megasquirt,
Afew people are interested, and afew of our other members are using them also
It would be great to hear about the good and bad points 8-)

Actually i want to see a thread of photos of everyones rides...
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

I should probably post something here too.
Im Matt, 22, got an LC im building into a rally car. Its got 2.6L EFI wide block with a 5 speed manual, GH sigma front struts/brakes, a lot of dodgy parts to make things fit (mostly around the engine like bending the strut tower for the intake manifold and cutting the reinforcing out of the bonnet again for the intake manifold). Its getting there slowly, got all my wiring sorted, surge tank 85% completed, battery in boot, mostly stripped interior, race seats a fully sick spoiler (it looks ok from the front/side view but shocking from the back lol).
Dont have any photos up here but its purpley-blue with a black bonnet and boot......and not too much rust (apart from the hatch which is shot, luckey I have a spare).

Cheers Matt

ps got a GC daily...relatively stock
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
Pre-Evo

Post by Pre-Evo »

rob020 wrote:

howd the b/w fit in the tunnel? was it originally an auto or did you have to bash it out abit?... i ordered a mega-squirt once... but the dodgy kents took my money and it never showed up :(

cheers,
rob
it was always a manual. i used a couple of 10mm spacers under the body above the crossmember and cut a new hole for the stick but didnt have 2 bash any thing around

as 4 the pics iv tryed other times but have never had any luck so iv given up trying. i might give it another go some time soon
Last edited by Pre-Evo on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'79 LC Lancer injected 2.6 (project)

'00 Subaru Liberty RX2.5 (daily)
Astrolux

Post by Astrolux »

Hey Everyone.
I have been looking through this site on and off for quite a while now, so i thought i would sign up and start some posting.

My name is Jimmy, i am 21 and im from Launceston Tas. I work at the longford meatworks heh. My daily driver is an '89 galant.
I have an LB lancer, slowly doing it up. i will post some pictures later on when i get the camera off my dad. Oh yeah, he has a brown LB, a White LB, a red LA, a green LA, a silver LA, and a yellow LA 2 Door. lol.

So far on my LB, engine it is pretty much just the stock 1.6ltr with a single weber on it that just last weekend found out that it wasnt working too well. I got twin webers in the garage but they really need rebuilding as well ( they were shooting flames out the sides ). Newish shock absorbers and brand new adjustable front springs with front gh? sigma front struts.
2" exhaust.
That is about all really, need to do a lot more so i can finally get it on the road.

Jimmy
....../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\....
..._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_..
../_/\_\...../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\...
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

hey jimmy do you live with your old man at perth? there was a guy there that i brought a few parts off a couple of years ago. swapped him a la bonnet with a hornet scoop on it?????
Astrolux

Post by Astrolux »

^
Yeah i do actually. Not at perth but at longford :P
we still have that bonnet sitting in the garage too. i had a bit of a lol when i came home and seen that :P its pretty awesome haha.

just got my video up on youtube from the last motorkhana. As you can kind of hear the carb isnt going to well.. got that fluffy sound...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiB0kDW8Oc0
....../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\........../\....
..._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_......_ \/_....._ \/_..
../_/\_\...../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\..../_/\_\...
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Hey Jimmy, sounds like you and your dad have a great collection there!
Bring the photos on!! :thumpsup:
rob020

Post by rob020 »

nice to see some more fellow taswegians on here :) can i have some of your dads lancers please?? i think he has too many

lol,
cheers,
rob
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

yeah mate your dad was very good to talk to tell him i say hi. have a look at my build thread some time. has he still got the green one with the 1750 an the twin downdraft solex's?
Astrolux

Post by Astrolux »

To Dear Robo. You can never have too many lancers 8-)

astronturbz - I did check out your build thread. looking really awesome man! Once i get mine going we totally have to have a sigma-galant tas cruise :P
Yah, he still has that. still in the shed in the same place you seen it too i reckon, just way dustier hehe.

Alrighty, I'm uploading some photos at the mo, so i should be able to post them real soon. I'll chuck them up in the ride section i guess, 'cause most of them aren't really rides or builds haha. just some cool pics :)
SIR

Post by SIR »

Hey guys, I lurk around but don't post much.

My name is Casey I am 28 and work as an Enigneer at Holden, when I have not had enough of working on cars at work I work on my 78 4dr LB lancer that is being built up for Improved Production racing, there is detials in the members section, also in the this months zoom magazine issue 144 (small in the build artical).
I also have another 78 4dr lancer that is a complete runner, I am holding onto it just incase I crash the race car.
leoca

Post by leoca »

Hi.I'm John, and I live in the Sunshine State.
Surviving with Anna Bligh as a premier aint easy.
I own 2 (and a half?) 1979 LC Lancer hatchbacks and a JB Starion .Our family car is a 1999 V6 manual Camry on LPG.
I presently have the Starion and the Camry registered and ,being 30 yrs of age,am hoping for special registration for the orange Lancer when finished .I may sell the Starion then.
I 've owned a sigma in the past and a Cordia also and have a big interest in these cars although family commitments are taking a priority right now.
Cheers
TRV28
Location: deep in the mists of boost, far beyond the thick cloud of tyre smoke

Post by TRV28 »

i have a 1974la 4 door dark green with grey vinyl roof that i built up over 3years. it is running astron2, gt35r turbo 27psi, w58box, borgwarner diff 31spline axles, fullspool. it makes makes 380hp@wheels, only runs 12.03@123mph haven't run a proper pass yet as it keeps breaking. my missus put photos up ages ago on rides thread, full write up there. some videos on youtube, look up (900ber walkaround) and (900ber firststart). also had 1984 gk sigma i built years ago running same mods it ran 11.89@119mph, it is on youtube (11 sec sigma).
1974 la lancer, 1993 gq patrol ute, 1971 Chevelle Malibu.