LA Lancer front ride height/suspension rooted

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
rob020

LA Lancer front ride height/suspension rooted

Post by rob020 »

hey all

my lancer sits about 1 - 2 inches lower on the drivers side... its all stock except i have 185/70 14s on it, so it only rubs on that side...

if i were to put gh struts in it is there anyway to use the gh springs? i dont remember whether or not they fit, and cant seem to find out by searching :S is that were i should be looking? theres no adjustable bolt or anything hidden somewhere like the val's?

cheers,
rob
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: LA Lancer front ride height/suspension rooted

Post by astronturbo77 »

your the fella from norfik yes?

i reckon your front and rear springs are sagged mate. gh struts do fit but the spring tag ends need cutting otherwise the spring hats crease the inside of the strut towers when turning. just put kings lows in it, and put galant sedan rear leafs in the rear and flip a leaf.
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
rob020

Post by rob020 »

lol... oh no... people know me :s yea, lol, im the little yellow lancer that gets around norfick...new springs.... do they even make those for my car?

ive got a gh... so if i were to put in the struts... and i cant afford new springs... will galant springs work? or whos got some pieces for me? :)

wasnt even worried about the back but i suppose why not... itd haveto help with the axle tramp wouldnt it?

on a side note, my gearbox mounts rooted... are all jap gearbox mounts the same? cos ive got a borgwarner 5 speed sitting here and the mount looks completely different... basically just need a new mount... are they available??

cheers,
rob
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

borg warner 5sp wont fit under a la mate. you come down margate way? come have a chat i can answer most of you questions :D
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

im pretty sure gc/gd galant springs go on gh struts when going into lancers/ galants. but if i had the struts out i would go kings low.

and just flip a leaf on the rear mate.