Random Lancer pix!

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
Rally_2.6LC
Location: Either under a car, on the computer or in bed...around Ryde

Re: Random Lancer pix!

Post by Rally_2.6LC »

Thats an LA safari car.....awesome find man

Also Burabuda, what engine is that Plymouth Arrow running???
Looks like an awesome setup with pleanty of room left in the engine bay.

Cheers Matt
'75 GC daily (slowly dying)
'80 LC 2.6L rally car (generally something broken until 2 weeks before an event)
'71 GA 2.6 Turbo project (i only wanted the diff and got another project)
^This side up^

Formely "Matt"
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

75wagon wrote:I remember this Black Lancer from when I first started working in Newcastle, would have been 1992 onwards...
Does anyone have anymore pix of this one? I'd love to see more pix of it....
a guy i work with used to own this car, now his brother does. still in newy, sitting in a backyard
he said he is looking to sell if anyone is interested....
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I have his number.
I spoke to him, because months ago, a concretor who did some work here said (after a chat about my wagon and the site) said he knew the owner of this car. He rang him for me and I spoke to him...

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
HoonBoy

Post by HoonBoy »

Condition and dollars?
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

will ask him tomorrow, says it needs some work, but all the bits are there
ie, drop tank flares, wheels etc etc
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Heres some pics of an awesome lancer! 460hp 355 holden V8,auto and 9" diff.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Thats pretty cool
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Built and engineered 19yrs ago in NSW and still same owner-he is going to tame the engine down a bit and use it as a daily driver :thumpsup:
Pistol

Post by Pistol »

That's nuts.... :thumpsup:
HoonBoy

Post by HoonBoy »

77galantv6 wrote:will ask him tomorrow, says it needs some work, but all the bits are there
ie, drop tank flares, wheels etc etc
Did you get any details?

Post by 2604 »

77galantv6 wrote:
75wagon wrote:I remember this Black Lancer from when I first started working in Newcastle, would have been 1992 onwards...

a guy i work with used to own this car, now his brother does. still in newy, sitting in a backyard
Hi....first post....thought I'd just jump right in to the mix. No point stuffing around.

I remember this car well. Many years ago I drove a man down to Sydney (From Newcastle) to purchase this car. He purchased it from the man who owned it when it was featured in FF&R all those years ago. The man selling didn't build it. I never really found out who did, although I remember him saying it wasn't a Uni Project car, like the article said.

On the drive home, (I drove my own 4 Door La on that day) we were to meet back at Warners Bay, where he was going to shout a tank of gas for our trouble. For some reason, he decided to pull over at Toronto (Service Station), and we followed. It had been a spirited drive home, so he thought he better let the Turbo idle down a tad. As we were fuelling my car up, and chatting, we heard a loud crash. His new car had rolled down the hill (That hydraulic handbrake never really worked properly) and smashed into some large steel bollards.

It spent a few months in a back yard kind of smash repair centre. It had a good rep, though, as I remember it, so I think the repairs were done well. The guy purchased another cheap LA to pilfer parts from. (There is a whole sub story here....won't go into that atm)

The car never really ran that well though. I remember overheating problems, and the fuel lines getting hot.

The guy took it to Scotts dyno, and paid out about 4 arms and 3 legs for a tune. When he was there, he asked the lap dog (apprentice) working there at the time, how he could really tell if it had an LSD or not. The lap dog told him to do a burnout, and if it smoked up both back tyres, it had an LSD. So (and here I am again) I had just helped my mate pick up his car, and he tries to do a burnout. The 225 Potenzas have to much grip, the leaf springs bounce up and down, and the diff goes bang. Back she goes to Scott for a diff rebuild. Good thing my mate was working 3 jobs at the time.

Mr Dyno man recommends fitting an intercooler (say what.....back in 199?) for about 5 million dollars, and that will make it run better. Sure. Anyways.....the car always had a problem. There was heaps of hot air, always around the drivers feet. Lots of people were contacted regarding this, and they all agreed it was the turbo, making all that hot air. That's what turbos do right...??

My mate was having trouble getting any insurance, and his Mom was always riding his back......so he had the turbo (Blow through system remember) pulled off, and the car ran with the 2.6 carby set up. Funny thing though......alll the hot air around the drivers feet still remained. I think I finally got to have a look at it at this stage, and discovered the heater was stuck in the "on" position with the air directed at the drivers feet......how embarassment...........

I think my mate sold the car not long after......he pretty much destroyed it.......turbo gone,......tyres bald....I don't think the fuel gauge ever worked in the drop tank either.

Still, apart from all its short commings, it was one of the tuffest coolest cars I have ever seen. I hate to think about it rotting away somewhere.

I give it MONSTER status.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Are you talking about the black or blue Lancer?
The black one was the shit when I was a kid who hated, and still does, local V8 Bogans.
The black one is cool, the blue one might as well be a VH Commonwhore.
ROGLancer78

Post by ROGLancer78 »

Sharing this event OSP 2nd anniversary here in Philippines Lancers and other models run the track :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC0TZxe6wP8
1978 - Lancer - Manila
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Hey Rog, havent seen you here in awhile.
Good video, looks like it would have been a great day.

But where ar the 1st Gen Lancers??? :D
ROGLancer78

Post by ROGLancer78 »

Hey Dan just browsing mode here :)

more videos

here you can see some of the 1stgen lancers and Galant after the track run :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjhghXeS ... re=related

some boxtype 2nd gen lancers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq_7M3IcnUE

Enjoy
1978 - Lancer - Manila
Skoob90

Post by Skoob90 »

The black lancer from FF&R in the early 90's wasn't a uni project.
My dad built this with his best mate in a carport in sydney.
So much for a uni engineering program as stated in th magazine.
Dad's mate has the magazine too.
Last edited by Skoob90 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
A112H

Post by A112H »

My dad built this with his best mate in a carport in sydney.
The black one?
Skoob90

Post by Skoob90 »

"I remember this car well. Many years ago I drove a man down to Sydney (From Newcastle) to purchase this car. He purchased it from the man who owned it when it was featured in FF&R all those years ago. The man selling didn't build it. I never really found out who did, although I remember him saying it wasn't a Uni Project car, like the article said."

I know who actually built it originally. And the seller was right it wasn't a uni project.
It was built in a carport in sydney by two car detailers for sutherland mitsubishi.

It sucks to know its wasting away now but if its still for sale I beg you please let me know so i can tell the original builders, they may want to resurrect it. One of them races a starion atm and is thinking of getting a lancer instead.
Please let us know if it is 4 sale.

Cheers
chepegsr

Post by chepegsr »

Hi from Guatemala

i like to share some pics of my 78 lancer 1600 GSR

2 times 1st place in Guatemala vintage cup.

that celica was really mad dfasdjfljklfa

ROGLancer78

Post by ROGLancer78 »

Get together of some Colt, LA, LB here in Manila :thumpsup:

1978 - Lancer - Manila
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Great pics CHEPEGSR!!

Looks really neat :thumpsup:
A57C

Post by A57C »

what's the story on the l-shape tails?

DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Someone please correct me if this is incorrect here,
But i am lead to believe that
Japanese, and Malaysian A73 ( to us GSRs) had the L shape.
and New Zealand had them, but im not sure if they were restricted to just the A73/GSR??

Anyone...
ROGLancer78

Post by ROGLancer78 »

In manila some lancers, galant, colt, 2nd gen lancers...

fellow 1st gen owners
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

DanTurboLancer wrote:Someone please correct me if this is incorrect here,
But i am lead to believe that
Japanese, and Malaysian A73 ( to us GSRs) had the L shape.
and New Zealand had them, but im not sure if they were restricted to just the A73/GSR??

Anyone...
The A72 (1400) also had them. The very first Lancers all came out with the vertical tail lights including the early GSR's. Then I think in 1974 they went to the L shape tail lights but we got stuck with the vertical tail lights.

I believe NZ, like us, only got the 1400 though don't count me on that.

This brochure attached has a pic of a 1400 with the L shape tail lights.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... gg-1FaL2Jw

Also the A73 (1600) weren't all GSR's. There were also a GSL version which was a 4 door 1600.

Nath
1976 Galant Hardtop
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

77galantv6 wrote:
any chance someone knows what sort of rims they are? or by chance could you ask the previous owner if you still work with him. i like them and they look to have pretty decent offset.

cheers, ken
vrooooom vrooooom!!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

They are Neales Wheels.
From memory, some where amongst all of my stuff, I have a brochure for the rims from when they were new, may have just been an ad in Street Machine or something though? These wheels were popular in the early 90's.
They used to be made in Sydney, they were a 3 piece composite wheel. They had aluminium centres and steel outers.
You could buy them in any offset or combo you wanted them.

I knew a few blokes who had them, they had issues with poor quality chrome on the outer rims.

I think this is the same business that used to manufacture and distribute the wheels?
http://www.nealewheels.com.au/

Neale Wheels
Wheels & Rims--Automotive - South Strathfield, NSW
(02) 9642 1002

Address
30 Gould St, South Strathfield NSW 2136, Australia

I heard that someone had the license to remake Simmons wheels. looking at that site, maybe it is them?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

75wagon wrote:I heard that someone had the license to remake Simmons wheels. looking at that site, maybe it is them?
It's probably the place you would least expect - Tempe Tyres. Bring on the shithouse china spec simmons with bling chrome. :(
Tempe Tyres are proud to announce the relaunch of Simmons Wheels

Please be patient with enquiries as we will be taking orders in the near future, prices will be available in the near future.

Production is estimated to take place at the end of January.
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

cheers dave,
what was the main problem with the chrome? rustin or cheap soft metals or something?
i wonder if they still produce them. will hit them up with an email tomorrow to have a sus.

EDIT: actually just went to the link and they have a pretty poor site. couldnt see them listed under chrysler or datsun. not even any products listed for datsun. unless i need to be a member to view their product which is a poor sales idea on their behalf. :hit:

:lol: haha tempe tyres and their reputation for poor quality wheels. and usually gross styles also. would be a shame if they ruined the reputation simmons had built up. not to mention possibly ruining the asking price of the genuine ones having cheaper alternatives for people to buy.
vrooooom vrooooom!!