Steering Wheel Boss Kits LB Lancer

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
SIR

Steering Wheel Boss Kits LB Lancer

Post by SIR »

Does anyone have any partnumbers for steering wheel boss kits for the early lancer LB sedan to be exact. I am assuming that they are the same as cordia/sigma etc but no one has any in stock to let me trial fit before I buy.

Cheers
75wagon
Admin

Re: Steering Wheel Boss Kits LB Lancer

Post by 75wagon »

Supercheap autos have a guide.
I think there are only 2 main boss kits for mitsubishi up to ths 90's.
At least that's what i recall from when I bought mine.
But that was 5 years ago.
Yours will be the same as my galant, I pretty confident.
You shouldn't have a problem finding one....
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
krohny

Post by krohny »

im pretty sure it was part no. 900. though that sounds stupidly short for a part no. just go to a few different shops and ask them all.. if they say the same thing then you can be pretty sure its right.
leen

Post by leen »

Im pretty sure that the 900 part no.is for the AUTOTECHNICA KIT.Ive ordered one with wheel from REPCO who are having a 50% off sale and I'm in Adelaide I have an LA fitted with a LB wheel at present.So I should know in a few days if there are any problems.
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

I have an Autotechnica sports wheel with boss that came out of my GB Galant that is surplus to requirements ... which would be the same spline (seeing I replaced it with a LC Lancer wheel).

If you're interested, drop me a PM.
leen

Post by leen »

Well I just fitted the steering wheel and kit and it fits fine.The kit ordered through REPCO at 50% off was $45. You can then chose whatever wheel you want.Part no. is SAAS kit BK36L takes both Autotechnic and SAAS wheel.Ordered as a Chrysler.as listed on the box.Im in Adelaide so I dont know if the price is the same everywhere.
SIR

Post by SIR »

I actually picked on up the other week from Autobarn it was a autotechnia one part number 900 like you said. I which I would have got it for the repco price. It was listed at Mitsubishi but suited all lancer pre 1980.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

The pins they supplied to make the blinkers cancel out were to big, so I had to take them out. Anyone else found this?
I also had a gap from the base of the boss to the steering column surround. Had to make a spacer to cover the gap.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
MATNES

Post by MATNES »

and the 900 also fits 1967-70 colts :thumpsup:

MATT
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

75wagon wrote:The pins they supplied to make the blinkers cancel out were to big, so I had to take them out. Anyone else found this?
I also had a gap from the base of the boss to the steering column surround. Had to make a spacer to cover the gap.
yeah i had the same problem with my one so i ended up getting a one off custom full billet boss kit made up for me, just had to give them my original steering wheel and steering column with the indicator switch atached for them to get dimensions.
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.
dvsfin

Post by dvsfin »

75wagon wrote:I also had a gap from the base of the boss to the steering column surround. Had to make a spacer to cover the gap
the shroud on the outside of the boss kit slides to fill the gap...theres a smaller shroud inside

if u can see it here