Drum brake parts?

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
Interceptor

Drum brake parts?

Post by Interceptor »

So I gpt my front disc brakes fixed up nice and ive moved to the rear drum brakes.
Now Ive never taken apart drumbrakes before and I dont want to start before I have the new parts.

I was thinking a hardware kit and a cylinder for each.
but it seems they have 2 different hardware kits and im not sure which to get without taking it apart, which i dont want before I have the parts. ;)

Anyone know which I need? Its a Celeste 1980 1.6ST
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ply ... e+kit,1752

Celeste 1600 ST 1980
Galant VR4 1991
barana

Re: Drum brake parts?

Post by barana »

Wouldn't have a clue, we didn't get Celeste's here.
Might have to bite the bullet and pill it apart and take some photos, and the vin number to s parts place that can help u.
greenlancer

Post by greenlancer »

Just take off the wheel, then the drum, and you'll be able to see all the parts, and match them to the photo on the RockAuto web page. Take a picture. Also check the diameter of your brake drum. I think there are only two sizes that are possible (9" and ?10").
75 LA Lancer 2-door 4G32
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Lancer Hatch and Galant wagons have larger rear drums than the normal Galants and Lancers.
That would be why there are different parts.

Dave
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers