Lancer race car - Sway Bar

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
Lancer56

Lancer race car - Sway Bar

Post by Lancer56 »

Hello,
I have the ex Brad fox improved production race car. I am from a racing background and need
to know what sway bars fit the front of a la lancer sedan. I currently have a 22 mm front sway bar
however it does not suit some tracks. I am after a bigger one, do Sigma ones fit?, I see not many
people make the sway bars anymore for old lancers. Any information would be good. Thanks
Lancer56

Re: Lancer race car - Sway Bar

Post by Lancer56 »

I have ordered a Mako sway bar 7 -8 weeks away.
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

By the info provided it would appear we are learning off you.

If able I'd love to hear how it works out. As you said not a lot of options. I ended up running a second bar under the stock one and clamping them together. It's not good look but seems to work. I will keep an eye out for how your new bar works out.

Thanks (H)
Cars: 95 Wrx, 77 Galant, 73 Galant.
Lancer56

Post by Lancer56 »

Thanks JimmyG, I looked into that, however there is not much room with the sway bar running through the radius rod mounts. So I will have to be patient for the new one to arrive, I ordered it 40mm shorter on each
end as the control arm is pulled forward with all the caster.
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Sounds like a well built and dialled in machine. How do you go with the Lancers endless wish the swap ends in the blink of an eye? They are to scary for my old man reflex's. :lol:
Lancer56

Post by Lancer56 »

It has power down issues, and like you said does want to swap ends. It keeps me busy on tight tracks. Still waiting on sway bar to arrive. But
I have it going quicker now with changes.
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Good stuff. Odds are the sway bar is going to be a great tuning aid. If able I would love to hear how you go once it's on. :)