Carby size for 4g52

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
Jailjubic

Carby size for 4g52

Post by Jailjubic »

I was originally intending on getting twin 45dcoe carbies for the 4g52 but several people say it might be too much for the 2l engine. Should I go smaller? Any guidance on this matter would be appreciated.
mstrrab1992

Re: Carby size for 4g52

Post by mstrrab1992 »

My research shows a 32/36 weber will be good, each to their own I guess tho
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Either approach has pros and cons depending on ur application of course
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Jailjubic

Post by Jailjubic »

Well it is also getting titanium valve springs, extractors, a mild cam and forged pistons. I want it to move. I'm concerned that 45s will be counterproductive for performance though. I don't know a lot about cfm and how it relates to appropriate carby size.
mstrrab1992

Post by mstrrab1992 »

I don't know much. But I do know know if you push more air out you'll benefit From letting more air in. If u catch my drift. So if your doing that sort of work to it. A set of twins isn't gonna hurt unless your budget doesn't let you.
All Animals to the Crow: Your not a zoo animal!
Monkey to crow:your just jealous cause noone says "mummy mummy i want to see a crow!"
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

No point putting twin 45's on it, twin 40's would have less of a step down in throat sizing once you choke them down to 34mm.

I know that isn't a weber chart, but the information shouldn't be too far off the mark.

Dave.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers