'78 Colt Lancer

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
BradD

'78 Colt Lancer

Post by BradD »

I guess you can officially call me a hoarder now. This makes Colt number three and Mitsubishi number 6. I followed this car for sale on Craigslist in SoCal for a while and at his original asking price I could not justify it. But after enough waiting and bugging, I got it down enough to justify shipping it across the country. Every time I look at a SoCal car I get so jealous of the lack of road salt out that way, this thing is spotless underneath.

ImageIMG_20150321_121702 by braddesantis, on Flickr

Coming off the truck.....
Image20150320_175940 by braddesantis, on Flickr

Could not get the truck down my street (or so they said....) so I had to drive it home. Cracked dash cap and the seats are a little worn, but it is complete for sure!
Image20150320_180337 by braddesantis, on Flickr

California Colt is confused by the white stuff....wont see salt, but no garage space for it just yet either.
Image20150321_132856 by braddesantis, on Flickr

Driving it home it ran pretty good, plans are to keep it simple for a three season daily. Going to get a good cleaning and some cheap seat covers for now, I will throw on a set of wheels I have lying around and with its already trimmed coils it should look pretty good. Mechanically it already has new brakes and an alternator and I ordered up a t-belt, water pump a petronix ignition and a cheap dual shaft radio to fit the stock dash.

Anyone have a rt tail lamp for a '78?
Brad D.
'74 Colt Sedan
'80 Colt Hatch
'83 Sapporo
'84 Starion