What is it worth?

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
sleepingwolfe

What is it worth?

Post by sleepingwolfe »

Hi all,

I have a one owner 1977 LC hatch back. It has been sitting at an in-laws house for the past two years as I have moved and don't have anywhere to store it. This car is all original and complete with the only rust being some surface rust under the passenger side door scuff plate about the size of a 50c piece. A couple of little dings in some trim pieces.

Michael
sleepingwolfe

Re: What is it worth?

Post by sleepingwolfe »

pictures of above car

Michael
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

Yeah wow that looks clean!

Ball park I'd say $1200-$4k depending km's, interior, mechanical & paint condition.

I already have 2 and no room for a 3rd. I've bought a couple of modified ones in that price range in similiar condition in the last 12 months. Might be sensible to wait a few months before selling it. No one will have cash after xmas.....
ozdusterdave

Post by ozdusterdave »

I sold an LB hatch,repainted in 2pak orange,nice little car,for $3k.. :stupid:
lancersr20

Post by lancersr20 »

Btw - It's an LB (not LC) and I'd say closer to the 4k mark + or - a thousand or so !
DVSGAL

Post by DVSGAL »

Do you want to sell it or just want to know what its worth?
A57C

Post by A57C »

thread was started over a month ago, and he hasn't been back, so long gone most likely
a local s-g member snapped it up and hasn't told us yet? 8o|
DVSGAL

Post by DVSGAL »

Awwww ive always wanted one :(
sleepingwolfe

Post by sleepingwolfe »

Still here and still have the car. It has been Christmas and new years some holidays and I had some lovely time away from the computer. I actually washed the car, killed some redbacks. Need to put some fuel in it now.

Yes it is an LB, not sure why I made a typo there. I should know as it is the second one I have owned along with three LA sedans.

Michael
leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

...actually same colour as my LC too.Side trim is identical.
I think serious buyers go a lot on how they,ve been maintained .

By that i mean clutch, brakes, amount of panel damage, condition of the trim (e.g the chrome), paint and the interior.
(Where is the rust breaking out?!).Being orange it will hold up well (unlike the silver metallic ones).

Yours looks good from the shots.Wouldn't mind it myself.Although your interior??
I am putting the LC on ebay this week- its insured through Shannons for 5

ps I was told the chrome circular door mounted rear vision mirrors are actually from a Datsun?...
sleepingwolfe

Post by sleepingwolfe »

Well it has been a while but the Lancer took a ride home last weekend. After sitting idle for almost three years in a carport I fitted a battery, checked the water and oil and then started the car. Blew some rust out of the exhaust then drove it up and down the street and onto the car trailer for the three hour drive home. all lights work, struts still hold the hatch, no oil leaks on the concrete. the only gauge that didn't work was the water temp. Will drain and flush, check the steering and the brakes then off for a RWC.

Happy days.

Michael.
Belial

Post by Belial »

NOICE, I would have preferred a LB over a LC...
Taz

Post by Taz »

Looks good.
I paid 6k for my LC but it was mint in and out. Stock seats with 0 damage, dash mat with 0 damage original 90k on it good chrome trim etc.
Water gauge might be a 14 dollar sender off eBay I'd try that first.
sleepingwolfe

Post by sleepingwolfe »

Not sure how many times this has gone past 100k. I do know the tyres are too small. I need to find some wheels but not a lot available these days. Looking forward to getting her back on the road.

Michael.
Taz

Post by Taz »

I have a set of stock lc wheels in Brisbane if you want em.
sleepingwolfe

Post by sleepingwolfe »

It has been a while so time for an update.

The car has just completed it's RW, time for club plates. If I get the time hopefully driving it next weekend.

It is still original bar the wheels. It now has 15" superlite wheels and 195/50 RE003 tyres. Rebuilt the front end, new rear wheel cylinders, front pads. Had the heater core fixed with a new outlet. (by the way scorpion heater cores are identical so I have a spare) Had to repair the heater motor so it worked on all three speeds. Not a lot else for the RWC. Had to find a LH outer door handle though.

All those with LB and LC hatch's would know how the inner tail lights deteriorate and fall apart. Well I am designing a replacement inner section that will use LED's and retain the original lens. Will let you know how they turn out just encase people are interested.

Does anyone know if carpet is available for the hatch?

Will post some pics once I give it a good clean up.

Michael.
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Nice one Michael!

As for carpets: a long time ago I had contact with the guys of the website a bit lower. It sounds interesting as the carpets are moulded but holes are not cut out (for gear lever and stuff). The only thing is that they didn't really answer my question if they also have carpets for the hatchback (Celeste) version of the Lancer Hatchback. Just had a "live-chat" with them about this but they would have an "expert" mailing me back...

http://www.all-car-carpets.com.au/page/ ... //offset/0

Greetz
Sven
Taz

Post by Taz »

Can pick up molded carpets for LA/LB/LC off ebay for 88 bucks. Multiple people contest they fit all lancers LA-C and since the LC only came in hatch my guess would be all are the same?
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Taz wrote:Can pick up molded carpets for LA/LB/LC off ebay for 88 bucks. Multiple people contest they fit all lancers LA-C and since the LC only came in hatch my guess would be all are the same?
As far as I understood it, the front carpets are more or less the same yes, the difference is more in the rear carpet:
4 door sedan will be too long for hatchback
2 door sedan could be too short for hatchback
Interceptor

Post by Interceptor »

Taz wrote:Can pick up molded carpets for LA/LB/LC off ebay for 88 bucks. Multiple people contest they fit all lancers LA-C and since the LC only came in hatch my guess would be all are the same?
Any change you know of a place not in AU? the shipping is more than the carpet. :(

Mine seriously need a new carpet.
Celeste 1600 ST 1980
Galant VR4 1991
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Interceptor wrote:
Any change you know of a place not in AU? the shipping is more than the carpet. :(

Mine seriously need a new carpet.

I'm from Belgium so I was also looking around for carpets like these (pre moulded) but closer than AUS. This company is, until now, the only one i could find :s
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Just got an answer from their expert:

Hello Sven,
Thank you for your enquiry via our website chat.
We are able to make carpet to suit your car , whether it be Sedan or Hatchback.
These are prices for the different types of carpet available
Front & Rear :
Loop Pile $165.00
Plush Pile $180.00

You will require 2 rolls of underlay:
Standard $25.00/roll
Waterproof $25.00/roll
Soundproof $60.00/roll

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Roz
Customer Service & Sales
Interceptor

Post by Interceptor »

I will be important though what they take for shipping.
Celeste 1600 ST 1980
Galant VR4 1991
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Interceptor wrote:I will be important though what they take for shipping.
i guess that will depend on what you will order as the shipping cost also depend on weight...
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

I put new carpet in one of the mine a couple of years back. There are a couple of places in Sydney that do new carpets for them. I can't remember the company's name but they were in Lansvale in South west Sydney. Fitted really well and looked nice once done.
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

BIG26L wrote:I put new carpet in one of the mine a couple of years back. There are a couple of places in Sydney that do new carpets for them. I can't remember the company's name but they were in Lansvale in South west Sydney. Fitted really well and looked nice once done.
This one?

http://www.sibacarcarpets.com.au/
sleepingwolfe

Post by sleepingwolfe »

Good news.

The lancer is now on the road. Picked it up today, new club plates, insured but not quite running right. Mind you it has been almost four years since it was driven and parked.

Suspension is next on the list, little bit too talkative from the rear when hitting bumps.

Michael