LC Lancer sloppy gear lever?

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
MadMuz

LC Lancer sloppy gear lever?

Post by MadMuz »

My 80 LC has the gear lever from hell, it is like stirring a bowl of tomato soup :think: Is there a bush in there that can disappear? If so, where can I get one? My Suzuki Sierra had the same thing and I just got a bush off spend bay, I looked for one for a Lancer but there was no sign of one?
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: LC Lancer sloppy gear lever?

Post by astronturbo77 »

From factory there is a baker lite bush up in the swivel part of the gear stick, they crack and disentergate and fall inside the box... Apparently you could still buy them new from dj's but fuck me the parts guys couldnt get me one, I dont have a part number either.. ive always got the old boy to make me one out of nylon on his lathe. Just to clarify im not talking avout tge small cylindrical bush on the bottom of the gear stick
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
MadMuz

Post by MadMuz »

Yeah, it is the cup bush on the ball of the gearstick if it is anything like my sierra one was. So Lancers have the second bush right at the end of the lever inside the box too? Does the little one crap out too? or mainly just the one on the ball?
tubby

Post by tubby »

hope this sheds some light for you. search is your friend :)

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... ush#p37788
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
leen

Post by leen »

Try Part no. MD701577 at your local Mitsubishi dealer.