1981 Sigma and 1980 LC Lancer parts compatability?

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
MadMuz

1981 Sigma and 1980 LC Lancer parts compatability?

Post by MadMuz »

I have an 80 LC Lancer and have just picked up an 81 Siggy and am looking to find out what parts are interchangeable? I bought the Siggy to put the 2L 5 speed into the Lancer, the motor has only done 50000km (H) which is pretty cool, I am just wondering if the diffs are interchangeable or not, things like brake master cylinders, suspension struts etc, or are they completely different? I am guessing the 2L will slot into the lancer easily?

When I finish getting the motor and stuff out, the rest of the car will be for sale. The interior is like new, an old guy used to keep it in a garage with blankets on it and wouldn't drive it if it looked like raining :| he wouldn't take passengers, so the back seat has never been sat in, the upholstery is like new.... dash and seat belts... like new..... door cards immaculate! If someone is restoring a siggy, this interior looks like it came out of the factory yesterday! Guards, bonnet and bootlid perfect, rear doors perfect, external sun visor, perfect left tail light and an instrument cluster with 50000 on the speedo :)
MadMuz

Re: 1981 Sigma and 1980 LC Lancer parts compatability?

Post by MadMuz »

Nobody knows if any parts are interchangeable between 81 siggy and 80 Lancer?

Wow! I must be the first person to ever think of using siggy parts on a lancer? Pioneer? :banh:
lancersr20

Re: 1981 Sigma and 1980 LC Lancer parts compatability?

Post by lancersr20 »

Hi Madmuz,

I think I can answer some questions !

Sigma
diff - not interchangable
frt susp struts - yes I think so as i'm using them in mine however I have modified Commodore strut tops and different inserts
you can bolt Starion vented discs straight to one of the Sigma front struts (the big bearing green ones I think)
Not sure what caliper would then fit though
master cylinders - no idea as I'm using an un boosted with Pulsar Master (lack of room with my SR20 engine for booster) :think:

Definitely stay with the Mitsubishi family of engines and gbox as the tunnel on the LC is small and other stuff may not fit !
The steering is something to also consider so hopefully the 2.0 ltr mits has the sump similarly positioned

Check out my photobucket build for lots of build pics etc .....

Lindsay