Door handles

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
davenq

Door handles

Post by davenq »

Well here is a tip,..
Was talking to my mate and his exterior handles are buggered,..I have a reasonable set on my "Crusty parts Lancer" so was going to offer them to him...Well my 78 L200 still hasn't been picked up so for shits'n'giggles just had a look and guess what?..yep Identical...so have scored him a set (better than on my "good" Lancer) (H) for SFA ,...So look outside the box,.....lots of Mitsi parts can be interchangeable..(Hinges look the same too,so if old matey doesn't pick up the L200 soon there may be very little left)
Growing old is inevitable
Growing up is optional
geezer101

Re: Door handles

Post by geezer101 »

Nice tip davenq. Most of the time it's the inner door handles that fail (especially the driver's inner handle for obvious reasons) If you own a GH sigma or an L200 you'll eventually need an inner handle. I couldn't find a direct swap so I did the next best thing and raided my defunct Colt for parts. I took the handle mechanism and the handle 'bucket' then cut and bent the handle rod. Removed the locator lugs in the door chassis, drilled and filed the holes for the new locator lugs and...voila! Image