Voltmeter for LC Hatch ?

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
lancersr20

Voltmeter for LC Hatch ?

Post by lancersr20 »

Hi all,

I hope this will be the last of my random / strange questions for some time :z

Does anyone know if a factory Mitsubishi/Chrysler "Voltage Guage" is available for my LC Hatch dash ?

I have heard tooooo many bad stories about the Amp Guage (so will not be hooking that up) .... but would like to replace with a "Volts" guage if they exist ? :think:

Lindsay
LukeAussie

Re: Voltmeter for LC Hatch ?

Post by LukeAussie »

Hmmm, I'm not sure if they exist, but in general, a Voltmeter won't tell you too much, since the car will always be charging to the same voltage. I guess it's useful to detect any early problems with an alternator (before the battery itself dies!)...
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

I am not sure if they were released with one, but could make up a custom gauge. I am thinking of making one to show air/fuel ratio to replace the ammeter.
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

The LB/LC lancer hatch instrument panels are probably the best basis for gauge upgrades. Even removing the entire plastic bezel and going full custom is made relatively easy by using the lancer hatch as a starting point. I'm pretty sure they weren't available with a voltmeter from factory (but I could be wrong :$ )
ozdusterdave

Post by ozdusterdave »

I have a couple of LB/LC 6gauge clusters... if anyone is thinking about modding one...
tubby

Post by tubby »

I know some of the old astron powered pajeros had them. wreckers? guage plus wires...problem solved?
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
lancersr20

Post by lancersr20 »

Thanks all + tubby,

I don't want to change the original look of the guages (I had a new electronic speedo customised to replicate the original look too).

I'll see if I can find an old pajero and research that thought !

P.S. A/F guage sounds like a cool thought btw - but not for me !

Lindsay
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

I somewhere have a VDO voltmeter laying around which I took out (with wiring and a relay and stuff) of my LB hatch. It was mounted in the lining just in front of the gear lever, about there where you guys have the radio...
lancersr20

Post by lancersr20 »

Thanks guys but I will leave it as it is for now!