sigma lower control arms into a lancer

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
simon

sigma lower control arms into a lancer

Post by simon »

Hi,i have put sigma lcas into my lancer and thought I would share some photos and info
Being so lucky as to live in NSW and get a car engineered here is a bit tougher than some of the states at this stage
I was speaking to an engineer who told me I should stick as closely as possible to the guidelines in VSB14 (google it for more info)
Any cutting and shutting of parts is not recommended
sigma gj onwards have longer lcas[20 -30mm longer as discussed on the site previously]
I used the mounting bolt from a gh sigma[ge may be the same]which fits the lancer crossmember and gj lca
I had both GH and GJ[2 bolt mount] struts. I used the GH struts because the GJ strut bottom is slightly offset to the balljoint, decreasing the amount of negative camber gained
I have used gj tie adjusters for the moment because I have not got the ride height sorted yet, I will sort that out when I get the car to operating weight
75wagon
Admin

Re: sigma lower control arms into a lancer

Post by 75wagon »

Thanks for sharing that :thumpsup:

Now here's a question to go with it: Do Lancer crossmembers bolt into Galants?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
simon

Post by simon »

I don't know Dave
When searching the site some time back I think someone said the crossmember would fit but the caster bar was a problem
Simon
MRGNLC

Post by MRGNLC »

I've recently put gn shocks/brakes and lca's into my LC
I had to use the LC's lca bushes but they seem to tear easily?
I'm going to try nolathane as soon as I lower it, at the moment the front sits a bit high!
lancersr20

Post by lancersr20 »

Hi all,

I have those Sigma LCA in my LC Lancer :D

I had bloody Nolathane bushes going in but found that they really just didn't want to go where I wanted them (ie. for more caster).

So my mission atm is to fit VE Commodore Rear upper arm "spherical bearings" (they are rubber enclosed)
Alot of moding, but will move in any direction I want :)

Lindsay
simon

Post by simon »

I just used the standard GJ lca and bush then the smaller diameter bolt from a GH,did not use lancer bush
Simon