New LB - LC Hatch door rubbers for sale

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
lance

New LB - LC Hatch door rubbers for sale

Post by lance »

Just puchased a set of door rubbers for my Lb hatch . Had a quick look to see if thay are correct, all looking good.
All the little posts are in the right places and looks right shape and lengh. Got them on Ebay from Phils Rotary Products
He also has Lb - Lc strut bearing plates as well brand new
BlueThunder

Re: New LB - LC Hatch door rubbers for sale

Post by BlueThunder »

Does he still have some? I'm also looking for a set or 2...
lance

Post by lance »

Sorry about the late reply but been on Easter Holidays. You will have to check for supply yoursalf!!! l would say yes.
Will fit mine tomorrow to see if thay realy fit well
A112H

Post by A112H »

Doesn't look like he has any listed at the moment but this is the link you want bluethunder
http://stores.ebay.com.au/philsrotarys
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Thanks guys. I already had a look there myself but i didn't see any. :(
lance

Post by lance »

Ok been out in the garage and have fitted the new door rubbers to a Lb hatch.
The rubbers are still list but are listed as La - Lb coupe door rubbers. When you open the add you will get more off an idea of what thay realy are for. Item No 130752266388 There is 8 left and thay DO FIT a Hatch
digihed

Post by digihed »

Thanks for the head's up. I wish Phil had called me... it was me that sent him the rubber as a template, and I've been chasing him for over 12 months now!
:(
lance

Post by lance »

You sent him a good templates , very happy with the product .
Can we ask what other parts you have sent to be copyied End caps for lc bumpers and the over riders for lb bumpers would be good
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

lance wrote:Ok been out in the garage and have fitted the new door rubbers to a Lb hatch.
The rubbers are still list but are listed as La - Lb coupe door rubbers. When you open the add you will get more off an idea of what thay realy are for. Item No 130752266388 There is 8 left and thay DO FIT a Hatch
Strange. When I try a search i get no results. I also had a look at all the items and just saw Mazda stuff. :(
I just sent them a mail to ask about them, let's see what they answer...
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

ah! i was looking on his ebay store, there it's not listed. It's listed in the general car parts section: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-L ... 2996wt_773

but it seems i'm too late: 6 available / 6 sold and he doesn't seem to ship worldwide?

Anyway, i hope he reacts positive on my email...
digihed

Post by digihed »

lance wrote:You sent him a good templates , very happy with the product .
Can we ask what other parts you have sent to be copyied End caps for lc bumpers and the over riders for lb bumpers would be good
I'm looking forward to getting mine. It's been a long time, and Clark Rubber stuff is only just a stopgap!

I've been trying to find someone to copy the LC end caps for years but no luck. I can't even get anyone to reskin old ones. They're a bit too large for the small operators to mould, and the bigger companies aren't interested. I'd get fibreglass copies made, but haven't been able to source undamaged donors :(

I also asked Phil if he could do the weatherseal blades on the top of the doors but no word on those yet. Maybe some extra peer pressure would help! :thumpsup:
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

small update: they reacted on my email. They still have some so i ordered 2 sets and payed for them. Now the waiting begins...
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

BlueThunder wrote:ah! i was looking on his ebay store, there it's not listed. It's listed in the general car parts section: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-L ... 2996wt_773

but it seems i'm too late: 6 available / 6 sold and he doesn't seem to ship worldwide?

Anyway, i hope he reacts positive on my email...
so these are actually for an lc?
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

If i understand Lance when he says it fits his LB hatchback then i think it's indeed LB and LC hatchback iso LA - LB.

I would think that the LA/LB/LC Lancers have a shorter door (in lenght) than the Hatchbacks. Can anyone confirm this?
lance

Post by lance »

The door rubbers from rotary products with the item number that l supplyied in one of my above post will fit an LB HATCH
It looks like thay were made in the Philipians somewere, buy the look of the print on the packet.
If you read his add he more or less states he make or gets anything. So many little factorys in China just waiting for work. You just meed someone like rotary products that knows how to make it Happen.
On my wish list would be a better Lb Hatch griil and the door top rubbers.

Mark
digihed

Post by digihed »

They fit my LC perfectly, he's just messed up the label on Ebay. On the packet it states A72, so Lancer/ Celeste hatch.
Mine are a bit gummy, so I hope they don't melt onto my nice new paint when summer returns!