LB Lancer starter

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
ChetEaston

LB Lancer starter

Post by ChetEaston »

hi, I hope this isn't a dumb question, but does anyone know what kind of start I can use for my LB Lancer (4G33)? Car has been really slow to crank, and the wiring's been looked at and replaced where it was bad, so i figure it's a starter issue. Bosch makes a part (jxs201) but they don't seem to be online. The closest I could find is this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/REMAN-STARTE ... 688wt_1139

Does that look right? Any help would be much appreciated, especially if other lancer driver's have had the same slow cranking problem.
scully

Re: LB Lancer starter

Post by scully »

Yes, that one will fit.

Most earlier 4cyl Mitsu's use either the same starters or ones with slight differences such as length or solenoid position, but they mostly fit.

Went through the same problem with my sons LC hatch a little while ago. Cranked slower and slower until one day it gave up completely. When I pulled it apart I couldn't believe it kept working for so long. Got one off a later lancer with a 4g15 engine, fitted on without an issue.
leen

Re: LB Lancer starter

Post by leen »

If the 4G15 starter fits that is a Bosch BXM002.The dimensions are in the Bosch catalogue.