STRUT BAR FOR LA

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
leen

STRUT BAR FOR LA

Post by leen »

I was delivering parts to a local wrecker the other day and he was specialing out a pile of strut bars for nissan/datsun and a few looked like they might fit so I went back on the SAT with my LA and lo and behold the brace off a skyline R32 fits with the drilling of one extra mount hole the other three line up perfect.
Torana68

Re: STRUT BAR FOR LA

Post by Torana68 »

ok but a pickie is needed!
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
leen

Post by leen »

Here are some pics
A112H

Post by A112H »

Looking at this you would have to assume that a 3 bolt S13 brace would not be too far out either?
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

Galant_GTO wrote:Looking at this you would have to assume that a 3 bolt S13 brace would not be too far out either?
I can check this.....

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
rob020

Post by rob020 »

did you drill 1 extra hole or 2? all the r32 strut braces i can find on ebay only have 2 holes each side :wut:

cheers,
rob
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
leen

Post by leen »

Im sure I only drilled one hole its been a few months and I had to rely on the model hand written in texta .Knowing how wrecking yards are run it could have been from a different model.If the dimensions are ok drilling one or two holes is a minor problem clearing the air cleaner and clearance to the bonnet was my concern.Plus different brands can also bring problems.I had a pile of about 20 braces to look at and plenty of time,there were several that were very close.Like a lot of things for my LA I measure twice before I cut.Adaption is my middle name.Its all good fun.Since its my daily drive I have to extra careful.
Torana68

Post by Torana68 »

thats a pretty good fit for something designed for another car :D
"can I put Corolla pistons in my Anchortron with a Hyundai head? will it do better burnouts with 40 solex's? "...... Im so needing coffee...
leen

Post by leen »

The only other thing is I had to file /grind the bracket where the exra hole was drilled so I could hold the nut to tighten it.I couldnt see any other way to do it but again it was only a minor problem.Yes I was very suprised it lined up so well.If your in Adelaide I got it from Nisswreck in Wingfield.