LA Lancer 4g63T EVO 2 swap

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
joshwaaa

Re: LA Lancer 4g63T EVO 2 swap

Post by joshwaaa »

thanks for the info. the lean is much less significant with L200 mounts, the L300 ones were ridiculously high.
I'm kind of glad i had the firewall modified because now the EVO motor drops right in, which is good because they are so much more common.
Yea I am going top mount, makes more sense to position it away from steering box. I appreciate the offer but I'm going to pick up a turbo with a T3 flange and v-band downpipe, which gives me more turbo options in the future if i decide to go for more power.
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Thanks for the update. Keep up the good work! :thumpsup:
Cars: 95 Wrx, 77 Galant, 73 Galant.
Pistol

Post by Pistol »

Awesomeness!!
joshwaaa

Post by joshwaaa »

hey i haven't posted in a while, but thought i would let y'all know how it's going.
I ended up putting the project on hold for ages due to getting fucked around with getting exhaust and alloy welding jobs done. But now it's booked in for that work next week.

I ended up getting the firewall recessed by Pete's Customs who did an amazingly clean job. I've also cleaned things up a lot since this pic was taken.

i also made some semi-slid engine mounts.

The dudes doing the welding are also fitting a surge tank under the car near the gas tank.
they will be cutting my stainless manifold and welding it upside down so it's top mount and making a full 2.5" stainless exhaust from the back of turbo. aswell as making a nice bolt on pipe for the water outlet on the back of the head and bringing it around the corner so i can run a BMW in-line thermostat. That and some wiring and it'll be up and running.

I've also got some s13 LCA's, hubs, adjustable suspension & custom camber plates made. So i'll be throwing that on soon which covers brake upgrade.

it'll be getting power steering too once i order a left hand drive power steering box from overseas.
joshwaaa

Post by joshwaaa »

joshwaaa

Post by joshwaaa »

S13 LCA's, hubs, adjusties etc all fitted. I just welded up and re-drilled the holes for the tension rod and sway bar. it cost about $70 to get a camber plate laser cut, i can share the diagram for anyone wanting to get one made themselves, just ask for it.

Hdiaz

Post by Hdiaz »

I am interested in the diagram for the camber plate if you could send it to me please.
Hdiaz

Post by Hdiaz »

Hi I know I am a little late to this post but if anyone has the diagram I could really use it thanks.
thorandcore

Post by thorandcore »

Hey mate!
When you say left hand drive power steering box? Why do you need to do that? I’ve got a RHD 77 galant wagon and wanting to put power steering in. Looking at pictures of the RHD power steering box they look different to my exisiting one, am I missing something?!
Cheers!