4G32 belt drive with twin su's :( :( :(

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
MRGNLC

4G32 belt drive with twin su's :( :( :(

Post by MRGNLC »

Hi guys, over the weekend I fit the twin su manifold off a galant onto my belt drive.
I checked the forum first to see if anyone else had done it.
One topic said he'd done it a couple years back so I read the topic and all it said was that he needed to shave the rocker cover by 3mm.
So I attempted it.
First attempt. Shaved the rockercover - started it up, started ok - but massive air leak at the manifold (I didn't have a new gasket:( ) it ran, but rough as guts!!
So today I ripped it all back off, bought a new gasket, sealed it with goo, put it all back together
Aaaaaaaand........ No dice :(
Tried aerostart, tried pumping it, after holding the crank for a while, it's like it builds up, almost to the point where it wants to kick, then dies.
I tried clutching it.... No dice.
Upon further inspection, the whole thermo housing (manifold) looks like it's fouling not just the top of the housing.
I'm now sitting here waiting on a mate, just so I can get home.
Im pretty sure I need to rip the prick back off again and grind all of where the thermo housing is.
Aaaaaand in the previous topic there was nothing mentioned about the EGR.
Unless he thinks all lancers sound like vw's
MRGNLC

Re: 4G32 belt drive with twin su's :( :( :(

Post by MRGNLC »

Soooo, I've removed the manifold, ground down th thermostat housing considerably, and re-fit.
Now no air leak! I then gave it to my panel beater -who then tig welded the EGR.
Now it's nice and quiet until full throttle when I has a nice deep induction noise.

I hope this helps anyone else who plans to do this is the future.
Now to convert my square port extractors to round port (but that's a different topic!)
Belial

Re: 4G32 belt drive with twin su's :( :( :(

Post by Belial »

Can you post pic's of what had to be modified??