LC BUMPERS

This section is for 1973 to 1981 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Lancer/Valiant/Celeste/Colt/Arrow.
sleeperfc3s

LC BUMPERS

Post by sleeperfc3s »

HI

Does anyone know what stainless bars i can use on my lancer to replace the standard ones
cheers
davenq

Re: LC BUMPERS

Post by davenq »

Good question , my mate is chasing similar info.
Growing old is inevitable
Growing up is optional
BIG26L

Post by BIG26L »

Chrome LB hatch bumper bars are a straight change over from memory.
lancersr20

Post by lancersr20 »

The LB rear bumper fits straight on (except for the side mounts - where you will need to make your own fixing arrangements)

The front is another matter :think:

The main mounting holes on the bar need to be slotted to move the bar upwards (about 10 - 15mm at most)
Then the mounting panel under the grille (LC grille and mounting panel is different to LB ones) needs to be "cut/bent/modified" to try to make the bar look like it is meant to fit 8o|
The side mounts will need to be fixed however you wish !

I will have mine finished in a few weeks (the bar is at the chrome platers atm) and will post some pics

So the answer is the front is not a straight change over fit ..... the LB bar was made to fit with the round LB headlights and grille panel

Lindsay
aussiblue

Post by aussiblue »

Regards Blue
aussiblue

Post by aussiblue »

Regards Blue
jasonlblancer

Post by jasonlblancer »

I noticed on my racecar I'm doing the body up on it its a lb Lancer hatch which I've put lc guards on it there seams to be a very slight difference in the front section of the guard but I fitted the lb crome bumper on and appears to line up with the side mounts meeting up to the guards ok.