lowering springs

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
flyingbrick

lowering springs

Post by flyingbrick »

So, narrow body starion front lowering springs should fit straight into the front of the scorp from what i read. What kinda drop can i expect? anyone got any brand preference?
C_Fernance

Re: lowering springs

Post by C_Fernance »

The starion spring will fit straight into a GJ, GK or GL Scorp, but not the earlier models. Standard Starion springs are lower then the standard Scorp springs, but most aftermarket ones will probably use the same springs for both cars.
flyingbrick

Post by flyingbrick »

is there a list somewhere showing which name is given to which year of scorp? Mines a 1980 and is the older shape with sloping boot...? i have no idea if its a gj, gk or gl.
Superscan811

Post by Superscan811 »

flyingbrick wrote:is there a list somewhere showing which name is given to which year of scorp? Mines a 1980 and is the older shape with sloping boot...? i have no idea if its a gj, gk or gl.
GH most likely.
Have a look at the chassis number, it will start with the year model letters.

Cheers.
flyingbrick

Post by flyingbrick »

thanks for that.

I've tracked down an nz manufacturer who lists lowering springs for the Sigma GE-GH Sedan & Scorpion which is good!

-Nathan
flyingbrick

Post by flyingbrick »

Right so mines a GH. will starion front struts still fit in so that i can run starion brakes?

What model sigma struts are directly swappable into my vehicle?

information is so hard to find on these cars.

cheers,
NAthan