Permission to turbo my scorpion

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
gmhighflow

Permission to turbo my scorpion

Post by gmhighflow »

My missus finally gave me permission to turbo my scorpion. MY eldest son is getting his learners and already has a car but unregestered so she suggested to get that on the road so to use it as a runabout while you do up the scorpion. And I said..." I might put a turbo on it while I'm at it"...waiting for the "no your not ,how can we afford that,it's just your work car" ect ect reply.... but all I got was a roll of the eyes,which to me meens yep "no worries"
So I now finnaly get to have a turbo car again which I haven't own in 12 years and I get to do some things I had ideas on for many years instead of trying stuff on everybody elses car.
The plan is to start cheep and go T04 draw through carby then move to EFI and upgrade the gearbox to a celica box and then that would be the basline for some experiments in turbo's and setups. I do plan on racing it sometime but see where I get.
I have all the gear in my shed for getting it started it all just needs freshening up.
HEMI26

Re: Permission to turbo my scorpion

Post by HEMI26 »

good to see man another turbo scorp :thumpsup:

im just building the parts up on mine now untill i get reg on it (in a few weeks when i get my licence back lol)then turbo goin straight on it (H)
Current Cars
-GJ Scorpo Turbo (Current Project)
-VQ SV90 #098 (Finished)
-74 RX3 12A Coupe (13B Extend Port)
-HR31 Passage GT (New daily) 4 Sale inbox for details

Some Old cars
-RX8
-VQ (Slammed on 19's)
-GL Scorpo (Immac std 58000ks)
-GK Scorpo N/A H/C (RIP 146.8rwhp)
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

turbo scorps are good. there is another bloke in tas starting to think about it as well. all fun and money.
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
davenq

Post by davenq »

V-8 scorps are fun too
Growing old is inevitable
Growing up is optional