Replacement weatherstripping?

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
Errant

Replacement weatherstripping?

Post by Errant »

So my '79 GH's weatherstripping has crapped itself. The ones along the top won't seal up against the window propery (Useful for breaking into the car when a friend locked it with the keys inside :roll: ) and the sidepillar dealies running between the front and rear windows have dryrotted so bad that I'm surprised they're holding up. Any ideas where I can find replacements, and how much it's likely to set me back?
Superscan811

Re: Replacement weatherstripping?

Post by Superscan811 »

Get yourself a set off a later Scorp including the rear glass and the winding mechanism. I looked around for quite a while with no luck.
From the GJ onward, the rubber section between the 2 windows is all rubber, no steel to rust out like yours.

PS: Check the nylon wheels on the front winding mechanisms, they are usually broken, which will allow the windows to flop round quite a bit. If they are stuffed, same advice as above.

Cheers.
Errant

Re: Replacement weatherstripping?

Post by Errant »

Ta mate, I'll look into tracking down a GJ or something for parts. Which could prove rather less than fun.