GH - Warped Dash?

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
Errant

GH - Warped Dash?

Post by Errant »

Hey guys, what would you recommend doing about a dash that's gone bad in a GH? It's warped and doesn't sit properly anymore. Most of the other GHs I've seen crop up on eBay seem to get the same problem. I assume it's moisture getting inside or something?
Paddles

Re: GH - Warped Dash?

Post by Paddles »

best thing to do it put a dash mat over it to cover it up or best find another one and replace it.
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
Errant

Post by Errant »

Mat won't help the real problem, which is that it's pushed up from the rest of the centre console. Rather annoying, really. So I guess I need to find another dash. What else used that style? Just the '79/'80 Scorpions?
scorpioncollector

Post by scorpioncollector »

You guest it, only the GE/GH has that type of dash and finding a good one to replace it, Happy hunting!
efisig

Post by efisig »

this happens to all of them, same thing has happened to mine its a bitch.
kenvv

Post by kenvv »

was just going to post a thread about this. my gc galant has a heaps clean dash with no cracks or anything. but right at the sides of it where it curves down it is warped. the one i found at the wreckers was stuffed so need another option also.....??
vrooooom vrooooom!!