Steering help

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
webby

Steering help

Post by webby »

As the powersteering is rooted in my GJ, I'm looking at swapping it for manual steering using the parts from my parts car. Problem is, the parts car's a GH, and I'm not sure whether they'll fit, or exactly what I need other than the steering box and column.
So, will the steering box etc from a GH bolt up to a GJ? And exactly what parts do I need?
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
Paddles

Re: Steering help

Post by Paddles »

from what i have read and when i have pulled cars apart. GH to GJ are matching in the steering department. you just have to replace with new box and a longer steering coloumn which will be on the parts car. might even pay to replace pitman arm as well as they wear with time.
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.