LSD?

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
mitscol

LSD?

Post by mitscol »

Hi Guys,

Would anyone know if a 2010 (or thereabouts) Triton 4WD rear LSD diff will bolt into a 1982 Scorpion without any mods?

Also similarly do the Starion or Cordia steering wheels interchange?

Thanks,
Col.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: LSD?

Post by Scorpma82 »

As far as diffs go, Ur out of luck......like jamming a Colorado diff into a Torana
Different stud patterns (4 to 6) different suspension (tritons are leaf sprung)
Brake master cylinder would be way out of balance with the different brakes.....which will change from disc to drum

There was a trick where the lsd centre out of the vr4 galants would slide in without modification......I don't know how true that is tho as I've never really investigated this myself

As far as the steering wheel goes....u may strike a bit of luck........almost all of the Mitsubishi components in the 80s were interchangeable right across the production range.......from Colt to Pajero....... biggest thing you'll need to double check is the spline and also the self cancelling of the indicator stalk

Many years ago, I actually did an experiment with a Cordia steering wheel and put in woodgrain trim on it.....it was an amateur job but the proof of concept and procedures worked beautifully.......they are on this forum if that interests you
Built with pride, Driven in anger