Scorpion LSD Diff (Please Read)

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
Paddles

Scorpion LSD Diff (Please Read)

Post by Paddles »

Hey Guys,
As everyone wants a factory lsd diff centre, I have recently found 3 lsd centres that will fit the 10 bolt scorpion diff.

My first question to everyone is what are they worth? One was $1550 another $1400?

My second question is, does the turbo sigma GK shape ( 4 door starion) import, can anyone confirm this centre is the same? for scorp 10 bolt.

Also are axles the same?
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
Superscan811

Re: Scorpion LSD Diff (Please Read)

Post by Superscan811 »

Paddles wrote:My first question to everyone is what are they worth? One was $1550 another $1400?
Depends. Typically a good one will go for around $900- out of the JB Starions (what they consider a small diff).
Paddles wrote:My second question is, does the turbo sigma GK shape ( 4 door starion) import, can anyone confirm this centre is the same? for scorp 10 bolt.
This I believe may be an EX Lancer?

They do have IRS from memory and run the same center as the 10 bolt Jap diff.

Cheers.
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

hey thanks for the reply,
just a quickie is a jb stazza similar is it for a scorp 10 bolt?
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
AlaskaMitsu

Post by AlaskaMitsu »

Can I get a little more education on what exactly is in these cars? I have an American '83 Sapporo, non lsd and really can't find the info on what exact lsd diff will work in it. I'm familiar with Starions as I just sold an '87 widebody but when people reference JB Starion diff are they talking from the older American "Flatty" cars or what? Over on their forum the word is that the Flatty cars mostly had an open diff and if it did then they used difference stub axle shafts.