Is there anyone out there making poly bushings for the scorp

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
city hunter

Is there anyone out there making poly bushings for the scorp

Post by city hunter »

I need some new bushings for ym car. it's been sitting for 10 years and everything looks like it is going to crumble as soon as I drive it. I'd rather put poly bushings in iff possible.

Also, are there any quality bolt in adjustable shocks for the back? I'm gong to be lowering the car a bit so something with a bit of a shorter stroke would eb ideal.
73 galant coupe, 78 Lancer coupe, 84,85, and 86 ex1800 turbos, 87 minicab van supercharged, gto vr4, 4 starions. swb montero, mighty max, 88 cordia turbo. 65 debonair
80's Hero
amgis_obrut

Re: Is there anyone out there making poly bushings for the scorp

Post by amgis_obrut »

theres a company called Nolathane they have pretty much everything
GH Sigma, 16" Mesh wheels, sports steering wheel and a V8 exhaust
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

i have used a heap of Nolathane products in my cars, currently have an order on the way. lol. i have never had a problem.

Paddles
'84 GL Scorp, Mildly Worked 2.6 With Sigma Turbo Setup.
RXCORP

Post by RXCORP »

same same. Scorpion and Narrow Starions for front end bushes. You should be able to get them local in the US.
city hunter

Post by city hunter »

I'll check and see if they distribute in the states, but I havent heard of them stateside.

I got my side dump fabbed up last night so it should be on the road this weekend. Taking a break on the scorp to figure out why my timing chain jumped onmy l200. I hate pulling timing covers :roll:
73 galant coupe, 78 Lancer coupe, 84,85, and 86 ex1800 turbos, 87 minicab van supercharged, gto vr4, 4 starions. swb montero, mighty max, 88 cordia turbo. 65 debonair
80's Hero
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

-
Maybe I was unlucky, but I had a set of polyurethane radius rod bushes flogg out in 40,000klm.

Had them replaced with similar bushes. Hope the others were a bad batch :roll:

All the other bushes are rubber, and are the ones put there by Mitsubishi in 1985.
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

I too have seen problems with the Nolathane and Noltec bushes, however this wasn't under normal circumstances.

I had rebushed a few suspension parts and driven the car around for 6-12 months before parting it out. While they were in the car they were great. I kept the rebushed suspension parts and had them sitting on mum and dads verandah. Within a couple of months they went brittle and started to fall apart. Not sure if this was because they were exposed to more sunlight then they would normally get or some other issue.
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

The ones that fell apart in my car were Noltec. One completely disintergrated and fell out and 2 of the other 3 were totally stuffed.

People at the front end place (Hunter valley steering) said they bo longer use Noltec because of quality issues.
NateD

Post by NateD »

Pedders sells them too.