SCORPION SIGMA WIPER SWITCH REPAIR

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
dodgeychallanger

SCORPION SIGMA WIPER SWITCH REPAIR

Post by dodgeychallanger »

What a PITA later Scorpion and Sigma self melting wiper switch handles are.

The later L300 combination switches have an ABS plastic handle that doesn't have this problem. This switch will fit our columns and the wiring wouldn't be to hard to change, however it is a lot larger and will not fit in the steering column shroud. Paid $25 for an unmarked switch at the wreckers, wasn't interested if it worked.

L300 wiper lever handle is only held on be a roll pin and can easily be drill out, can then be removed from it's 8mm round shaft.

The Scorpion has a flat tapered Wiper lever handle. No problem!.

Remove the wiper handle from your combination switch, four screws, being careful not to lose the detent and spring in its base.

Cut it off so the L300 handle is the same length once mounted.

Grind down the original flat lever to suit the inside diameter of piece of 8mm steel fuel line and press the fuel line sleeve onto the Scorpion lever.

Redrill the roll pin hole through the fuel line sleeve and the Scorpion lever and slide on the L300 wiper lever with a little superglue and a new pin.

Even the graphics match, will put some satin black paint around the bit of exposed original shaft.

Now all we need is some rain in North Queensland so I can use it!.

My Scorpion (Sorry Challenger) is Pristine again.
Superscan811

Re: SCORPION SIGMA WIPER SWITCH REPAIR

Post by Superscan811 »

Good fix..
I have seen plenty that are broken/melted..

A pic would also be appreciated.. :)

Cheers.
dodgeychallanger

Re: SCORPION SIGMA WIPER SWITCH REPAIR

Post by dodgeychallanger »

Well Intended postimg some pics, but where the H*** is the Edit button so I can copy them from Photobucket?>