Aerial replacement

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
webby

Aerial replacement

Post by webby »

Some little turd snapped the aerial off my Scorp a while back, hasn't worried me as I very rarely listen to the radio but it does look untidy. Well, so does the car, but still :lol:
How do you get the bloody thing off to replace it? I've got the two screws out of the brackets, but I don't want to haul too hard on the cable in case I break it off :think:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
geezer101

Re: Aerial replacement

Post by geezer101 »

They are in there pretty tight. Disconnect the aerial from the back of the head unit and give it a bit of slack, then pull at the base of the aerial a bit and wriggle it around. The cable goes straight into a 90 degree turn to fit into the 'A' pillar so it's a slow process to pull it through (pulling the aerial plug through is a major head ache too...) Before pulling the aerial out though - tie a bit of string or cord to it and then pull it out - that way you have a feed line to pull the new aerial lead through :thumpsup:
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

I'd eliminate the aerial altogether and just install a CD player.....or some form of MP3/portable audio device

They re cheap, easily accessible and practical
Built with pride, Driven in anger
webby

Post by webby »

Cheers geezer :thumpsup:
Scorp, it's already got a CD player in it, I can't be bothered patching the hole it'd leave behind and I'm not really into the whole "shaved everything trailer queen" look. Besides, if I did that how would I listen to the cricket whilst driving around :lol:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889