Width of Scorpion Dash?

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
theozsnowman

Width of Scorpion Dash?

Post by theozsnowman »

I know this is an odd question given that im doing up scorpions of my own, but they are in storage 2 hours away currently...

can anyone tell me the width of the dashboard from drivers side door to passenger door please...

came up with an odd idea whilst sleeping and want to check on something today but didn't have the cars handy to check
My 1980 GH Scorpion Restoration Project - The Oz Snowmans Scorpion - Meet B1 and B2 - The Grey Ghost
jvflash

Re: Width of Scorpion Dash?

Post by jvflash »

The dash board does not touch the doors, I make it 127cm, as below (Mrs JV taking the photos):
theozsnowman

Post by theozsnowman »

thanks appreciate that heaps....

I have a crazy vision/plan to put a new modern dash into one of mine.. got the idea from a West Coast Customs episode where they used a Monaro (pontiac GTO) dashboard in an old school camaro body and have a dashboard or 2 to measure up
My 1980 GH Scorpion Restoration Project - The Oz Snowmans Scorpion - Meet B1 and B2 - The Grey Ghost
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

I'd look at a more subtle change if ur going to go down this path,

Something like a Starion, Early model Magna (TM/NP)

if u go somthing like a late model for eg, the 'curvy' dashboard will look out of place in a 'square' car, despite fitting perfectly

would be like putting chrome bumpers on a brand new EVO X
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Scratchbuilt

Post by Scratchbuilt »

Put a VH Charger dash in our 80's challenger, it backdates the look inside about 10yrs. Had to narrow the ends to suit plus fit the metal sub structure beneath it. Looks plenty tough. Anything is possible when it belongs to you.
scorpioncollector

Post by scorpioncollector »

I have a dash out of a GH Sigma in a L200 ute fitted perfectly all the curvatures(windscreen) are the same and pretty sure the pillow to pillow distance is the same,
just had to alter the pedalbox slightly.
Cant see why it can't be done.