GE/GH Nippon Denso ceiling mounted Clock

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
mrd
God Admin

GE/GH Nippon Denso ceiling mounted Clock

Post by mrd »

Seems to be a common thing for them to just work whenever they feel like it. Can always see what the time is by pressing the leftmost button, but usually it should be on when the car is on, but in many cases (like mine) it usually isn't.

I have tried cleaning all contacts, and even thought I'd cracked the issue after I cleaned a door plunger contact (for the interior light) and it worked for 3 days straight. As soon as I bragged about it though it stopped working again.

Anyone know what the deal is with them? What is it that commonly makes them fail?
tubby

Re: GE/GH Nippon Denso ceiling mounted Clock

Post by tubby »

both my gh's clocks have worked fine while the ignition is on but wont come on unless you press the left button while the car is off. check your wires. you might have a dodgy connection on your + ignition wire. If you have dramas I can check which one is which with a multimeter for you :thumpsup:
'81 GJ Scorpion, '87 GN Panel Van, '77 Sigma sedan
mrd
God Admin

Re: GE/GH Nippon Denso ceiling mounted Clock

Post by mrd »

hmm lol maybe i can test that theory by slapping the steering column. Very good point, I'll check it.