What's it worth?

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
MrBird

What's it worth?

Post by MrBird »

Hey guys. I have picked up an 82 Scorpion in original 2.6 5speed country car condition. Originally I was going to gut it out to a race car. But then I thought that might be a shame. Are these old girls starting to be worth anything yet? Yes I'm being lazy, I could do my own homework, but I thought I'd ask the guys that know. Any feedback welcome.
A112H

Re: What's it worth?

Post by A112H »

Not really, there have been a few for sale on here but unless you have spent show car money on it or it is 100% showroom perfect you would be lucky to see much more than $1500 maybe $2500 to the right enthusiast.
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

I'm with you A112H. Sadly they are not a popular coupe. The sigma wagons fetch more than the coupe :(
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

What sort of race car would you make out of a Scorpion, they only go in a straight line.
I have never heard of a Scorpion race car?
In saying that good luck with the build and I would love to see photos :thumpsup:
A112H

Post by A112H »

Does this count?

It has Sapporo sponsorship :P
C_Fernance

Post by C_Fernance »

It's been done before, although it's technically a Sapporo with IRS and so on standard.

http://www.austarion.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8814
theozsnowman

Post by theozsnowman »

jvflash wrote:What sort of race car would you make out of a Scorpion, they only go in a straight line.
In saying that good luck with the build and I would love to see photos :thumpsup:
Ive seen a few Rally cars, and actually a couple of modified production speedway cars... and of course there are one or two lurking around that do tarmac rallies...
My 1980 GH Scorpion Restoration Project - The Oz Snowmans Scorpion - Meet B1 and B2 - The Grey Ghost
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

That orange one is cool, but there is a reason they are not turned into race cars. The understeer is killer!
MrBird

Post by MrBird »

Hey guy's , thanks for the replys. A Khanacross car. Which is basically short course dirt rally. My plan is to put a 3.0lt triton motor in it. Should go OK. But I have a few other projects already. So too-ing and fro-ing. :)
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

jvflash wrote:What sort of race car would you make out of a Scorpion, they only go in a straight line.
Would make it a perfect drag car then :P
There has been a couple here 'n' there in various classes with varying degrees of successs.......just about all of them were budget built track hacks tho.....nothing really with ALOT of money or development into them
Built with pride, Driven in anger