Scorpion factory graphics

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
mrd
God Admin

Scorpion factory graphics

Post by mrd »

Does anyone have any idea if any limited edition scorpions were released from factory with pinstripe graphics and image of a scorpion? or any graphics on the body of any sort not including badges? (interested in ge /gh mainly)
theozsnowman

Re: Scorpion factory graphics

Post by theozsnowman »

yeah there was some pinstriping on my Blue GH which was factory...

and it had the word scorpion on the rear pillar

a white GH i had back in the 90's had the same thing

personally i didnt like it so its gone while rubbing down the car
My 1980 GH Scorpion Restoration Project - The Oz Snowmans Scorpion - Meet B1 and B2 - The Grey Ghost
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

As the Scorpion is not local product, and the Japanese would not have badged it (as there were various badges for it) it would have been badged POE.

I have had 4 scorpions 3 of them 1982 GK's all had different striping.

When I worked at MMAL I checked out the Scorpion model codes, there were no specials (apart from the convertibles), just auto or manual option.
A112H

Post by A112H »

My Grand parents bought a GJ Scorpion brand new and it had a pin stripe down the body line. This was broken up under the "C" pillar with the word SCORPION and a decal of a Scorpion.
Can not find any pics right now but will keep looking.
jvflash

Post by jvflash »

A112 it is hard to see but that is what the red one had -
brendon

Post by brendon »

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10642
towardsa the end of this thread A112 but up a pic of some factory GSR scorp stripes.

there is alos this not sure if factory but cool either way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2UimRF1uTg
83' GJ wagon
82' GK Scorp (Track car)
08' Turbo territory
A112H

Post by A112H »

Thats them Flashy, cheers.

MrD, there are the factory GS/R stripes if you are looking for something a bit more sporty :P

Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Isn't there a pic of a Scorpion with a giant SCORPION decal on the bottom of the car?????

Mind you, if your is/ends up turbocharged, you can always use the Peter Wherett White/Silver/Black striped decals like the factory Sigma's.......at least you know that it's period correct
Built with pride, Driven in anger
mrd
God Admin

Post by mrd »

Thanks for the help everyone. The reason I ask is that my GH Scorpion appeared to be the factory orange/red and had bonnet decals (pinstripe and slightly tribal looking scorpion decal worked into the pinstripe in the middle of the front of the bonnet). I have learned that the car has been resprayed previously at one point (initially I thought it was the original paint). IF the decals had been something that Mitsubishi/Chrysler had decided to put on (they looked authentic to the period), I would make an effort to reconstruct them after it has been resprayed. As it happens, it seems that they were an afterthought by the previous restorer. If I feel that it's lacking something when it comes back from paint, I'll not feel bad now for taking some artistic license about it and coming up with my own thing.
Certainly no-one seems to be able to come up with anything more than a body stripe for GE/GH. :) Good to know. Also good to know that the only specials were the convertables. Also interesting - the GSR has no rubber striping.