Scorpion Badges

This section is for 1976 to 1984 Chrysler/Mitsubishi/Colt/Dodge/Plymouth Scorpion/Lambda/Sapporo/Challenger.
Driftisyahu

Scorpion Badges

Post by Driftisyahu »

Hey guys haven't posted in a while. Been working on the "Scorpion" like a beast though. I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the badges on their cars, Ive been doing some research and think I might of found scorpion badges but I'm not really sure if theyre the right ones since I dont know what the H they look like. Not sure if many of you know (Which you probably do) but my 79 scorpion badges as a dodge challenger here. So people usually see it and think I got some crazy big V8 in it and lets be honest and put aside excuses I do want galant lambda or scorpion badges hahaha.
Driftisyahu

Re: Scorpion Badges

Post by Driftisyahu »

Also before people start jumpin all over me, I did do a fair bit of searching on these forums and other places! :|
A112H

Post by A112H »

I have a '78 and a '80 Scorpion's in my yard but they have both been de-badged, I went out with the camera before it clicked :P
Remember the late 70's was a tumultuous time in Australia for the Chrysler Corp. It was just before Mitsubishi took over completely so the early cars were badged Chrysler.
Just out of interest, my A112 Galant carried Chrysler, Valiant and Mitsubishi badging from the showroom, lol.
These are some pics I found that have badging in them.
Chrysler on the bonnet/hood

And Scorpion on the rear garnish. Factory, this would have had a Chrysler badge on the left side of the boot lid and a Sigma badge on the right side of the boot lid.
I think the A125 (GH) had a 2.0 badge on the fender but the A123 (GE) didn't.
So badging will depend on your chassis number or how pedantic you want to be.

I am pretty sure that was about it for the early cars. 1981 plus use different, blocky, font and had 2.6 badges on the front fenders.
1981+

I will be badging mine as a Galant Lambda or maybe leaving it bare, undecided.
Driftisyahu

Post by Driftisyahu »

Cool thank you sooo much for the info, this is really helpful. I would of ended up buying a few wrong pieces. Valiant badging?? thats crazy! Now to track down one of those grills like you got in the first picture.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Your welcome, as for the grill, I have one in the shed I wont be using but think freight on such a long item to the US would be a killer.
Driftisyahu

Post by Driftisyahu »

well when I get crazy enough to ask how much shipping would be ill let ya know haha. The challenger grill is sooo gross though.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Shipping was not terrible, $55 or $70 with $250 insurance cover.
I sent you a PM
Lee357chevy

Post by Lee357chevy »

Hi guys, hoping you all can help, and that I'm in the right place. I'm searching for a scorpion bonnet emblem, as mine was ripped off my 76 baby. I'm not sure how to upload a pic, but as soon as I figure it out I will. If you know of any for sale or how to get me in touch with people, please let me know. The cars themselves are rare as here in Darwin, Australia. So parts are a nuisance to find.
Thanks in advance :)